CHAPTER 34

Valerie's POV

A noise wakes me up. 

I flutter my eyes open instantly, to see the lights still on. Ryan didn't switch them off before going to sleep on the couch and I didn't do the same before sleeping off.

Wondering what noise woke me up, I try to sit upright but my shoulders hurt badly. Then, I remember.

I was attacked last night and I just had a dream. My desire to know who really attacked me led me to have this horrible dream.

I was seeing faces but three faces were familiar. One was Fred's. The second was Brenda and the third was nameless.

I have no idea where I know her from but I am sure she is someone that I know. I was seeing more of these three faces and I was so sure one of them was responsible for last night's attack.

Now that I am awake, I am so sure that none of these people are responsible because the culprit seemed to be going his way before he saw a good opportunity to rob me since I was all alone on the empty street.

Sighing heavily, I step down slowly from the bed, feeling the sudden urge to urinate. My bladder feels extremely full and I wonder if it is actually the urge to pee that woke me up or the so-called silly dream I just had.

Unhurriedly, I saunter to the bathroom door and turn the doorknob to enter. 

I help myself to ease the urge to urinate before washing up and stepping out again, hoping to catch some more sleep.

Now that I think of it, the dream might be a result of the medicines I was given at the hospital last night which made me drowsy immediately.

I remember there was a time I was sick and I was given some drugs which were making me have lots of nightmares for a whole week. The doctor said it was just a side effect and it will stop.

It stopped but it almost threatened my whole existence. 

I was 15 when it happened and I almost lost that strong-willed, bubbling, bright nature that I had then. I barely got sick and I couldn't complain about the nightmares anymore because my mother wasn't taking it seriously ever since the doctor waved it away as the side effects of the medicine.

Within a month, I was back to my normal self.

I lay back on the bed with my unhurt hand behind my head as I stare at the ceiling, my mind wandering back to last night.

The discussion I had with my parents kept bothering me. I have a bad feeling about this for no reason and I really hope it isn't what I am thinking.

If Ryan isn't involved in this, then does it mean his father is doing this intentionally?

If they are friends like I was made to believe, then he should help as fast as possible. I don't even need to be married to his son for him to help my father but I guess promises are meant to be fulfilled not broken.