CHAPTER 91

Ryan's POV 

The glances I was stealing at her did not make me realize we were being followed until I turned the next corner and saw the black big van behind us trailing us from a distance.

Intentionally, I took another turn to see if the van would follow or not and they did follow us at a safe distance, to avoid arousing my suspicion.

Valerie is sitting next to me while I am driving. She is slumped in the seat looking exhausted, probably from too much crying or the information that my supposed Father tried to hurt her Dad.

She saw this coming and this was the reason why I was stealing glances at her.

It was in admiration for her intelligence. She is beautiful whether exhausted or not and it makes me think of where we are in our relationship at the moment.

I thought we would resolve everything tonight since Mother already brought the issue up but that will no longer be possible because of what happened.

What I have to be worried about now is the men trailing us. 

We are going to her parents' mansion to get the cameras she installed in her room and her parent's room but we can't do that with these men behind us.

I curse under my breath as I continue following the right path to her parent's home. I was thinking of going straight to the police station so they can stop following us but I don't want to risk it. We need to get the camera out as soon as we can. They might have figured out we have evidence or maybe heard it when Valerie said it out at the hospital reception.

My Father must have implanted lots of spies around the hospital.

I wonder why I still call him Father.

Without hesitation, I tap Valerie up from her daydream. She sits up with a sigh and I wonder what is inside that head of hers.

Thankful that these people aren't trying to catch up with us, I continue with the normal speed. This means they just want to trail us to wherever we are going. They aren't here to kill us yet.

"Call your mom. Tell her to call the police she said your Father is friends with."

Valerie's eyes widen in shock. "What happened?!" she exclaims with panic, skating her expression.

"Nothing. I just want them to be safe. I will only be rest assured if there is someone there to protect them in case something happens…"

"What will happen?" she demands urgently, her eyes still wide open while I ponder within me whether to tell her we are being followed or not.

I'm just scared that her parents aren't safe now that they know we are coming from the hospital.

"Do as I say, woman", I snap at her, then take an unexpected turn, increasing my speed to lose them.

She obeys me surprisingly but becomes agitated with my speeding. She looks back with her phone glued to her right ear. When she stares ahead without a word, I know she didn't figure out we are being followed yet.

I take another turn which isn't the usual route to her parent's home as she speaks to her Mother on the phone and another till I am so sure we have lost them.

I heave a deep sigh of relief, then turn to meet her staring at me suspiciously.

"What was that all about?" she inquires with a deep frown on her face.

I turn away, looking straight ahead with a serious expression. "What are you talking about?"

"That strange behavior, the unusual speeding, and the snapping", she adds, making me wonder if she is just worried or majorly bothered about my snapping.