CHAPTER 80

Ryan's POV 

Valerie's courage coupled with her obsession with this same topic that has been going on for weeks fuels my anger every single time I remember it all.

How it all started and the question of where this is going.

This is definitely an obsession. Involving Anita has confirmed my suspicion of her obsession and her unstable mental health.

I won't let her do this to me anymore. These are my family members and I love them. Anita can never hurt Mom. She is our mom and I can never believe a single thing about her trying to hurt mom.

Valerie is unbelievable.

First, it was my Dad. Then she claimed Mother called her home and now Anita? Isn't that absurd?

With my head banging, I pace to and fro the room, waiting for her to say something at least to dissipate this rush of adrenaline.

I can't even think of a possible solution to all of this anymore. This is getting out of hand already.

I twirl around to face her. She is usually quiet and calm. The anxious expression on her face the other day, when she told me my Father was her supposed attacker, isn't there on her face right now.

Is Valerie trying to get back at me? Is this because of her Dad? Is she doing this because of her Father's relationship with mine? Is she pretending to like me?

"Do you have any idea what…"

"Ryan", she cuts me short as usual, her hand going up as she lowers her head down. I am trying so hard to contain my anger. If I give it a chance, I might ruin it all.

We need to act maturely and discuss this like adults, without letting our emotions or love for family members interfere.

"I know you might not believe this too but it's fine. I just want to tell you…"

As much as I want to try to understand or keep the rush in me low, I can't help it. Her claim of being right is annoying.

And the pause in her statement too.

"Henceforth", I assert firmly with gritted teeth. "I don't want you to ever bring this topic up ever again!"

She blinks, her eyes growing wide in surprise and disappointment.  "Ryan…"

"I mean what I said", I interrupt her from going further, hoping to show my seriousness. "I don't want you to talk about this topic ever again, ok?"

I expect her to nod. But that will be so unlike Valerie. 

She does not nod. Her expression is unreadable.

Gulping loudly, she takes a step further and stops. "I know what I have been telling you is unbelievable but you have to try to believe me, Ryan. I know what I am saying. I can't lie to you. I can't frame your father or your sister up for nothing…"

"Really?" I take a step back and move around, in rage. "How can I be so sure that you are not doing this for a reason?"

"Ryan…" she calls with a tone of disappointment.

"We are not discussing this again, is that clear?!" I raise my voice at her, expecting her to agree to this so we can close the chapter.

"No, it is not." 

At first, she was extremely calm and it was disturbing but now she is beginning to talk with a loud voice, displaying her obvious annoyance.

"Are you accusing me of making this whole thing up?" she questions with a tone of disbelief.