(RECAP) Chapter 3: Asleep For a While

I'm bad at robotics so please excuse any mistakes made in the chapter-

※※※

No one's POV:

Ali watched as Sun's eye lights darkened and his body went limp, he was officially offline. She waited a second before very carefully turned Sun's head around so she could take the tiny computer chip out of his mother board.

The chip contained all the coding programmed into Sun-technically it was Sun-it contained everything about him. All of his memories, emotions, his personality, even his relationship statuses were saved within this tiny thing. It was amazing, but also terrifying. If the chip broke, this Sun would be gone forever. 

It's not as if it couldn't be replaced, or his memory files unable to be recovered, it's that everything else would be lost. His personality is programmed into each chip he's given, just like the other animatronics are in case of an accident or event that may damage or completely destroy them, but it would be different.

It's always subtle, but there would be changes in his attitude towards other and all of his relationship statuses that were previously saved would be reset by default. Some of them would be saved, the important ones like Moon, the main four, and sometimes certain guests and employees won't be forgotten.

"You have the chip?" A voice sounded from behind Ali. She turned around to face her boss Maverick and held out the chip, "His memory files seem to be in check, but we can't be completely sure that some of those files aren't fake." 

Maverick took it and looked it over in his hands, "Exactly, we don't want him remembering things we wouldn't want to. No external damage seems visible...We'll just have to run it through a scan just in case."

He walked over to a nearby computer and sat down, putting the chip into the scanner. (A/N: Like those things you use at a store to purchase stuff? Idk just go with the ~'-fanfic logic-'~)

With a few clicks he was able to pull up Sun's entire hard-drive and he began searching for any files that shouldn't be there. "So?" Ali asked suddenly.

"So what? There's nothing out of the ordinary," Maverick replied nonchalantly. "Were you expecting something crazy in these files? You really have been watching too much TV Ali, you should get out more."

Ali felt a rush of embarrassment, "W-Well I was just wondering. You never know when something might happen, y'know?"

"No, I don't know because how would I know what I don't know?" He said with a quiet chuckle.

"W-What- You- That doesn't make any sense but okay?"

Maverick exited out of the memory files and went to see if Sun's internet firewall was still intact. Once he saw to it that everything was in perfect shape, he finally shut down the computer and took Sun's computer chip out of the scanner and handed it back to Ali. "Everything's in tip-top shape, so you can go ahead and give this back to the Daycare Attendant."

Ali took hold of the chip, glad Sun was able to pass another check-up. She up went to Sun and slid the chip back to where it belonged and pressed the button on the back of his head to power him back on, but nothing happened. Usually Sun would burst to life, bounding all over the place like a big ball of energy...But not this time.

As more and more time went on without Sun powering on, Ali got more and more worried.

"What's taking so long in there?" She heard Maverick call. "Oh- Um- Sunny- He's uh, not turning back on," She replied meekly. She expected her boss to explode on her for messing things up.