Chapter 27: Sneaking Out

(Lunar's POV)

I stirred and sat up while stretching and yawning. I rubbed my tired eyes and looked to my side to see Sun and Moon cuddling.  I smiled, happy to see them so peaceful, but I had to get up. 

Slipping my fuzzy albino shark slippers on, I walked over to the door, but the many papers on the desk caught my attention. 'They wouldn't mind if I took a liiittlee peek, right?' I thought to myself, tiptoeing over to the desk.

I picked up a paper, but the handwriting was terrible so it was impossible to read. I put it down and reached for the wooden box. Picking it up, I turned it over in my hands. Then my eyes fell on the heart shaped lock.

"Why do you feel...Familiar..?" I thought out loud. Suddenly I heard shuffling around, so I snapped my head around, fearful I'd been caught. 

But Sun was just shifting around in his sleep and mumbled something incoherent, then his breathing slowed back to normal. I sighed in relief. 'I should get out of here before they wake up,' I slipped out of there quickly with the box.

I ran into my room, shut my door tightly, and locked it. I plopped myself on my bed and set the box in my lap.

"What's in you, I wonder?" I tried to open the box, but the silver lock held the lid shut tight. A few more fruitless minutes of trying to pry the box open, and I eventually gave up. "Whatever, it's probably just jewelry anyway." 

Defeated, I put the box on my tall bookcase, along with the other trinkets I've found during my stay in the daycare. I looked around my room and sighed; the place was practically barren, aside from the bookshelf--that held no books, only trinkets--and my bed. 

I looked over at the wall clock. 3AM. Still too early to really do anything. I internally groaned--I was too awake to fall asleep again, but I couldn't do anything to satisfy my boredom for a few hours.

'But some places open up early to get ready, don't they?' I snapped my fingers. That's it! I'll just sneak out and see what places are open! What could possibly go wrong?

※※※

AHAHAHAHA

Oh, you dear, sweet soul, Lunar. If only you knew.

-Still Jackie :)