Chapter 38: Snacks (Part 2)

TW: Mild swearing

Can you guess who's art this is?

(I'm really upset that the drawing didn't turn out as well as I thought it was going to be-)

※※※

(Moon's POV)

By the time we'd reached the kitchen, it was almost time for them to close, as the plex was nearing midnight. Bloody and I had made it just in time, and the staff was nice enough to let us inside as they fetched the usual foods that we gave the kids for snack time.

I shivered a bit, hugging myself as the place started to feel cold. "..Jeez, Blood- I think you were right-" I mumbled, "Maybe we can get cold-"
He looked down at me and smiled a bit, taking off his jacket and draping it over my shoulders instead. It was a bit big on me, despite being small on Bloody, but I didn't hesitate to pull it around me and bury my face in the fluff. 
"Thanks.." I grumbled, embarrassed.

"It's nothing. I owe you anyway-" He said with a smile, a small pink blush spreading over his cheeks. I sighed and rolled my eyes, though it was a bit playful, "You don't owe me anything. I help you out of my own volition."

"But-" He started, but was cut off by the kitchen staff returning and handing him a large box of snacks, "Hff- Heavy-"
The employee dusted their hands off on their apron and nodded at me, silently telling me we could leave now. I reached a hand out from under the coat, tugging on Bloody's suspender strap a bit as I led him out of the kitchen.

"But nothing," I huffed, leading him back to the daycare as he was struggling to see over the large box. He sighed in defeat, following close behind, "Okay."

Once we got to the daycare, I took the box from him and went to go put it under the security desk, picking up the empty crate and setting it aside and writing a note to return it to the kitchens and sticking the note on the side of the crate. 

I caught Bloody staring at me out of the corner of my eye and looked over at him, raising an eyebrow, "What?"

He quickly looked away and stammered helplessly, "I- Um- I just- You made that look so effortless-"
I chuckled a bit and turned to face him, leaning back on the desk, "It's not that heavy-"
His eyes seemed to sparkle a bit, muttering to himself, "You're so strong.."

I just chuckled and shook my head, finding this somewhat amusing, "You'll get used to it; picking up heavy things will be a breeze after a while, trust me."
He nodded and smiled, clearly looking up- Well, it was more of down in his case- To me. I found it a bit touching to have someone admire me so much..

I glanced over his shoulder to see Sun and Lunar off to the side of the daycare. They looked to be like they were talking about something important as Lunar's expression looked serious. I couldn't get a read on Sun though, since his back was turned towards me, but I could tell that he had his arms crossed and his rays were shrunk into his head a bit--a sure sign that he was either distressed or upset.

"..Just a moment Blood," I said, brushing past Bloody and going up to the other two. "A- Okay.." He muttered, watching me walk off, sounding defeated. I placed a hand on Sun's shoulder and he jumped in surprise, his rays shrinking further into his head.
"Sunshine..?" I asked, looking at him worriedly, "You okay..?"

Sun turned his head away from me so I couldn't see his face, shrugging my hand off of his shoulder, "I'm fine." I furrowed my eyebrows at his demeanor, "You don't sound 'fine' though. What's going on?"

"Nothing. It's not your concern," He grumbled, still not meeting my gaze. I huffed and turned his head towards me so I could see his expression, "Sunshine, there's something you're not telling me.."

He swatted my hand away and shot me a glare, before turning away again, to which I was taken aback. "Did- Did I do something wrong-??" I asked, worried. Sun hasn't acted like this before. At least, not in a long time. The last time he acted this cold towards me was back before Lunar even arrived yet.

When Sun didn't respond, I turned to Lunar. "What happened-??" I knitted my eyebrows together in worry as I looked down at him, waiting for an answer.
Instead, he just pulled his hood further over his head, pulling on the drawstrings to hide his face.

"One of you better tell me what's going on or so help me-" I hissed, growing frustrated as I pinched the bridge of my nose.
Lunar pulled the hood up from his eyes slightly and looked up at me, murmuring quietly, "I-I can tell you Mr. Moon.."

Sun, however, didn't seem to like the idea, as he shot Lunar a nasty look, to which he flinched. I returned the look to Sun as I stepped between the two, putting some distance between him and Lunar.
"For fuck's sake- What's your problem-??" I hissed, crossing my arms over my chest as I stared Sun down, "You were fine about a half hour ago! Besides, weren't you supposed to be charging anyways?"
He rolled his eyes with a grumble, which only made me more frustrated.

"Sun, I swear to Faz- Use your fucking words," I growled, "You're not a child. We only work with them."
He tightened his grip on his arms and seemed to back down a bit. He sighed, and finally spoke, "I'm sorry...I woke up in a bad mood and came down to see that Lunar had made a mess in the daycare.."

He sounded almost guilty as he spoke, though there was something off about it. He looked past me and over to Lunar, softening his expression, "I'm sorry Lunar...I shouldn't have taken my frustration out on you.."
Lunar gripped onto the back of Bloody's jacket that I was still wearing, seemingly trying to hide himself further from Sun, looking fearful.

I looked between the two, before nudging Lunar further behind me, shielding him from Sun. Sun looked up at me and his expression wavered, grimacing for a split second before returning to his original expression.

"..Sun, I'm going to talk with Lunar in private for a moment," I said, eyeing Sun down, "We'll be in the naptime area if you need us." I placed a hand on the back of Lunar's head, nudging him forward to make him start walking, "C'mon Lunar." I walked alongside him, though my gaze never left Sun, who just stood there, staring the both of us down. It was almost...menacing.. 

I turned back to Lunar and urged him inside the naptime area, following him inside and locking the doors behind us so Sun wouldn't be able to get inside if he followed us. I turned to Lunar, giving him a worried expression, "You alright..?"

He nodded and pulled the hood tight over his head again, clearly anxious. I made him sit down on one of the beanbag chairs in a tented area, kneeling down in front of him and speaking softly, "Lunar, it's okay...Sun's not gonna bother us while we're in here.."
Lunar relaxed a bit at my words, pulling his hood down a bit so I could see his face. I looked at him worriedly, "Can you tell me what happened while Bloody and I were gone..?"

His breath hitched and he hugged himself a bit, looking up at me with teary eyes, "M-Mr. Sun-...Sun- He-"
I wiped his tears away with my thumb, "Sun, what? What did he do?" 
He shook his head with a whimper and squeezed his eyes shut, and I whispered to him gently, "Hey, hey, it's okay...Sun's not gonna hear; you can tell me.."
He shook his head again and opened his eyes, trembling slightly.

"That's not Sun..."

※※※

-What's this? A cliffhanger?

Still Jackie >:)