Chapter 40: Concern

Tw: Swearing, Eclipse

(Sun's POV)

I didn't know what had happened. Last I remembered, I was about to fall asleep in Moon and I's bed, but when I woke up, Bloody had me in a chokehold and I had a knife in my hand. 
Now Bloody was passed out on the floor as oil poured from a stab wound in his side. 

I looked up as I heard rapidly approaching footsteps from behind me, my gaze landing on Lunar, who was absolutely seething. He had his hands clenched by his sides, shoulders tensed, and shaking from anger.
"That bastard!"

I was taken aback by his language--Lunar has never used those kinds of words before. 
"L-Lunar-? What-"

"Eclipse."

My eyes widened at that, trembling even more. "E-Eclipse-? But- How-" I was cut short as a headache shot through my head, doubling over as I held my head in pain. Tears streaked down my face as I sobbed loudly, the pain overwhelming.

I felt a hand on my back, and I was able to muster up enough strength to glance up at Lunar. He spoke in a soft and gentle tone, a stark contrast to how enraged he was a moment ago.
"Sun, relax...He can't take control again unless you let him.." He whispered, rubbing my back soothingly to help ease my pain, "Just don't fall asleep; he'll give up eventually..."

I nodded, untensing and falling, mostly, limp. After a few minutes that felt like endless hours, the pain dissipated. I slowly sat up, wiping my tears with the back of my hand, but still trembling slightly as I stared down at Bloody.

"We- We should get him to P&S-" I whispered, my voice breaking halfway.
Lunar shook his head, "No need. They'll find it easier to decommission him than repair him after all of the complaints and high maintenance it takes to keep him up and running."

"Then what are we-" I was about to ask him what we were supposed to do, that we couldn't just leave Bloody like this, but he cut me off.
"We can use those repair kits. I can fix him," He gave me a determined look, "Go get them and return here. Be quick."

I nodded and pushed myself to my feet, stumbling a bit, then hurried off towards the stairs. I threw my door open, quickly searching through drawers and shelves for the repair kits. I had one or two stored around here somewhere, but I couldn't find any. 
Desperate, I roughly pulled out the drawer in my desk, papers fluttering out and onto the floor from the force I used. I fell to my knees and continued to search, when a small note fell to the floor in front of me.

'Behind the posters :)'

I didn't question it, shooting up off the floor and ripping down the many posters, tearing the paper as I scrambled to pick off the tape, but gave up halfway and instead tore them off forcefully.

Behind one of the posters was a perfectly carved square hole, and in it sat that wooden box with the heart lock and many more papers. I paid no mind to them, instead snatching the two repair kits that sat wedged between the box and the wall, with another note on top that read: 'Use the bandaging in the other box, it's more durable :)'

I took heed of the words, then rushed back downstairs. Lunar was still by Bloody, kneeled beside him and turning him over so that he was laid on his back, his arms rested at his side and legs straight. He looked like a large doll..

Lunar perked up as I skidded to a stop, handing him the kits and pointing to the note, unable to read it aloud as I doubled over and caught my breath. He quickly scanned over the information, popping open the case to the second kit and taking out something to clean Bloody's wound with.

He cleaned the oil off of him as best he could, and, luckily, he wasn't bleeding as badly now that he'd lost most of the oil he had left in him. Not that it was a good thing-

((CONTINUED VER.)) Starlight and Sunshine: Sun x MoonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara