Chapter 46: An Eclipse Case (Part 1)

Tw: Moon angst, aftermath of last chapter, mentions of Eclipse

(Sun's POV)

I sat there for a while, letting myself sob into Moon's shoulder. It wasn't until I heard the doors to the naptime area opening that I picked my head up and ceased my crying. I sniffed and wiped away my tears with the back of my hand, weakly calling out as I held Moon closer, "Wh-Who's there..?"

"Sun..?" Bloody's voice called back, "I got worried after you suddenly left and couldn't go back to sleep..." I heard his feet shuffling outside the tent-fort Moon and I were in. "Where are you? I...Couldn't find Moon either.."
I winced internally at that, holding Moon tight. "I-In here.." I called out, voice shaking.

I heard Bloody's footsteps getting closer, then saw the blanket-curtain get pulled away to see his face. "Are you oka-" He froze as he saw Moon, eyes going wide and watering, "Wh-What happened-"

I struggled to get the words out to explain to him, breaking down halfway. When I was done, I was a mess again. Bloody was silent, probably trying to be strong as sobs wracked my body and I shook.
"..Sun, we can get him fixed.." He reached out to take Moon from me, "We can take him to P&S and-"

"NO-!" I cried, quickly pulling away from Bloody and tucking Moon tight in my arms, "They're gonna decommission him if we do! I- I can't lose him-!" I hid my face in the crook of Moon's neck, never wanting to let go, "I-It's all my fault....He's gone, a-and it's all my fault..."

I whimpered quietly as Bloody spoke, "Sun, you don't know that...They might be able to fix him.." I shook my head with a whine, too afraid to risk that. "Sun....Please.." He whispered, "If we go get him fixed, he might be okay...But if we keep him here, he's gonna stay like that forever.."

I knew he was right, but I was scared. I didn't want to lose Moon forever, at least now he was still sort of here...Not really..
After a moment or two, I finally picked my head up and nodded. "O-Okay.." I sniffled, wiping away my tears as I stared down at Moon, "I don't know if anyone's in P&S right now though.."

"There's always somebody there," Bloody gently took Moon from me, since he would be too heavy for me to carry, but I was reluctant to hand him over, "In case of emergencies. Like...This.." He faltered at the end, looking down at Moon worriedly. "..Let's get him some help," He whispered, crawling out with Moon cradled in his other two arms and helping me up to my feet.
I sniffed and held Bloody's hand tight, at which he threaded his fingers with mine.

There's that sick feeling again. What was wrong with me?

I pushed it down and followed close by as Bloody's led the way to Parts and Services.

~'-⁂-'~

My stomach dropped. I felt like I was going to puke or pass out, or both.

"What-..?" I asked, trembling all over. Bloody wrapped an arm around me and pulled me close to his chest, seeing my shaking.

"We don't have the parts available to fix the damage." Ali--the only mechanic present in P&S at this hour, Amy's sister and my assigned mechanic--repeated, exhausted. "There's internal damage, along with what's visible, and we'd have to switch out his endo to fix it." She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck, glancing back at the protective dome where Moon lay on the operation table.
"Yours and all the celestial animatronics have unique endos--hard to manufacture too. Not to mention the size difference between the four of you." She shook her head, "This one's come in too many times for hurting himself. We really can't afford to keep fixing him."

I covered my mouth with a hand and stared down at the floor, desperately trying to keep it together. "Can't-...Can't you just order the parts to fix him instead of getting an entirely new endo-?" Bloody asked, tucking my head against his chest as I turned to face him and hide my face.