Chapter 8: Malfunctions (Part 2)

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

※※※

Sun's POV: 

I woke up from that strange dream again. My room's empty, what time is it?

"11AM?! OH NO I'M LATE!" I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs, almost tripping on the way down. I get to the bottom and see little kids staring at me. "Uh..." I clear my throat, "Sorry I'm late my little rays of sunshine! I'm afraid I slept in for too long!" 

The kids shrug and go back to playing, and I sigh with relief. I spot Moon nearby in a makeshift pillow fort/tent kind of structure reading a picture book to some kids that were gathered around him. I make my way towards him.

He spots me and looks up from the book, "Oh hey Sunny. Or should I say sleeping beauty?" He chuckled. A little kid who looked to be about 4 years old tugged on Moon's arm, "Read! Read!" They certainly seemed excited. "Mind if I join you?" I asked.

Moon nodded and patted a spot next to him, so I sat down. "What's this story about anyway?" I whispered. He just shrugged, "It's a picture book, I just have to make it up as I go along."

He turned the page, "Oh look, a bunny!" Moon pointed to a gray, spotted rabbit, "Looks like Mr. Rabbit found a carrot to eat for lunch! 'Oh boy, what a yummy carrot! I'll take it home to cook in a stew!' Said Mr. Rabbit and he hopped away to his burrow." Each time Moon spoke for a character he'd put on a silly voice, and the little kid squealed with delight without fail. 

"More! Read more!" They giggled and bounced in their seat. Moon patted them on the head, "Calm down, Joane. We haven't even gotten to the best part."

~'-⁂-'~

"The End." Moon said and closed the book. Joane reached for the book and Moon gave it to them. "If you like this story so much, it's yours little dove."

Joane squealed and hugged Moon's leg, "Tank you Mr. Moony!" She plopped herself back down in the pillow tent and had the book open in her lap.

"That was really sweet of you Moony," I nudged him with my elbow. He rolled his eyes, "Whatever, it's Christmas. Speaking of which..." 

I raised my eyebrows as he pulled out a box from his pocket, "For you." I could tell he was embarrassed because he was looking away from me with his hat pulled over his eyes. 

The box was navy blue with a red ribbon tied to it. Carefully, I untied the ribbon and took the top of the box off. Inside was a necklace, it was pinkish silver with a crescent moon and star on it. Moon pulled out a matching one in gold with a sun on it from under his shirt, "See, we match."

(A/N: Like this^)

(A/N: Like this^)

I basically tackled Moon and hugged him tightly, "Oh Moon! Thank you thank you THANK you!" He chuckled lightly and patted my back, "You're welcome Sunshine; I'm glad you like it."