Chapter 31: Between Our Worlds

TW: Dream violence, Eclipse

I actually made art that inspired this chapter, so I might as well use it^

I was too lazy to finish it-

This chapter is all over the place cuz writer's block

※※※

(BloodMoon's POV)

I laid on my back and stared at the ceiling, a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Where minds collide? What's that supposed to mean?! I didn't even get a name from that weird voice, let alone any clue as to how I'm supposed to get 'wHeRe MiNdS cOlLiDe'!

"Wh-What-t am I supposed-d to do- do..." My voice box crackled--I really needed to get that fixed. Luckily, Sun had scheduled me an appointment to go to P&S and even said he'd talk everything out with management so I could stay.

I stretched my hands out in front of me, staring at my hands. Who had I been before all of this? Why could I only remember my name when Lunar had found me? What am I even doing here?

Questions swirled in my mind before the constant buzzing became too much. Letting my arms fall back to the ground, I groaned. 

'I should at least try to sleep, so I'll be energized for my appointment tomorrow...'

~'-⁂-'~

"Where-...Where am I?" I woke to find myself in an unfamiliar place, yet it felt like I'd been here before.

WELCOME. I AM GLAD YOU COULD MAKE IT.

That same loud, unpleasant voice spoke again. Only this time, it was a lot louder and clearer. I covered my ears and looked around for who spoke. 

OH, YOU WON'T GET TO SEE ME. NOT NOW. FOR NOW, YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH HEARING MY VOICE.

"Who are you?!" I asked, trying to mask the fear in my voice, but it didn't seem to work as the voice only chuckled.

YOU SEEM...UNEASY. DON'T WORRY; I'M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU...NOT TOO BADLY AT LEAST, SO LONG AS YOU COOPERATE. 

I took a step back, stumbling on something and falling backward. Instead of hitting the hard ground, like I expected, I landed on something soft. I looked down to see I was sitting in a sort of reclining armchair, but the fabric was torn in some places, the yellowed stuffing coming out of the seams.

I quickly pushed off of the chair, sprinting in the opposite direction.

FOOLISH BOT. YOU WON'T GET FAR LIKE THAT.

After running and running and running, I finally saw something on the horizon. I desperately ran faster, making a beeline for it. When I got closer however, I slowed, realizing it was the same reclining chair.

But this time there was a patterned rug and standing lamp accompanying it.

PLEASE, SIT. YOU ARE A GUEST HERE.

I shook my head and sprinted off again. When I'd come back to where I started, I was exhausted from running. 

Now there was a bookshelf full to the brim with books and a coffee table with a mug of hot tea sitting on it, too. I must be going insane or something.

SANGUINEM LUNA, WE HAVE MUCH TO DISCUSS.

By now I was too tired to run anymore, but run I did, and when I came back, there was a person sitting in the armchair.