Chapter 30: Spring Cleaning in Summer

Tw: Like, 1 or 2 swears and laser guns

Oh right, before I forget:

Here's egg:

(Reward for 10K competition

(Reward for 10K competition. Yes, I know I'm super late; I was writing a 3000 word chapter-)

※※※

(3rd Person POV)

And so BloodMoon moved in. The guest room was finally cleaned out to make room for him, since Lunar's was too small to share and he refused to anyway.

They went through most of the boxes when they were cleaning the room out, sorting them by things they wanted to keep and what they wanted to get rid of, but the rest that were labeled 'memories' went to Sun ad Moon's shared room.

Sun had rummaged through the old boxes he and Moon had stored in there over the years and found his old journals he'd written during his first years at the daycare. He placed them on the desk with the other ones.

Along with the many items that had been supposedly 'lost', there were many things that the two attendants had forgotten about.

"Moony, look!" Sun pulled out two large, nearly life-sized plushes of himself and Moon. He held them close to his chest, "I wondered where these went!" The plushes wheezed out a labored squeak as they were squeezed in the tight hug.

Moon chuckled and his eyes widened as they fell on an old cassette tape with the words 'Song #23' scrawled onto it in thick, black in and its player. He quickly snatched both items up and desperately tried to plug the cassette player into the wall. (A/N: I don't know how cassettes work, in case you haven't already noticed-)

Placing the tape into the slot, he pressed 'play', eagerly awaiting what was next. He fumbled with this hands as he watched the player whir and click, not noticing Sun standing behind him.

Suddenly, Moon's voice came on.

"Hello? Is this thing even on..? Oh shoot- It is!"

Sun giggled at past Moon's ignorance in the recording, but present Moon had his eyes glued on the player.

"Well, uh, future me, or whoever's listening to this, this is song number twenty-three. I wrote it for a very special someone."

The recording made a noise that sounded like Moon taking a deep breath, and a guitar strummed part of a cord, but Moon quickly pressed 'stop' and took out the tape. "Why'd you take it out?" Sun asked, curious of what the song might've sounded like. He reached for the tape, but Moon jerked his hand holding it away.

He sighed, "I'd rather not have it play. Not while I'm around, at least...Just brings up some regretful memories I want buried..."

Moon stood up and put the tape in the 'throw' box. Sun looked at the tape for a moment. "Who was the song for?" He finally asked.