Chapter 51: Wishful Thinking

Tw: Plot twist, I was tired of doom and gloom

(Sun's POV)

I was in the middle of cleaning the daycare since we'd closed a while ago and I'd put off cleaning up for a few hours. It was dark out now, the plex having closed a few minutes earlier. Bloody was out patrolling the outside of the daycare to make sure there weren't any lost kids or stragglers still in the plex, and Lunar was cleaning up the naptime area.
Recently, Lunar had been taking care of naptime. The kids couldn't really tell the difference, since Lunar just looked like a smaller version of Moon when it was dark, so nobody really questioned anything.

I was wiping down the crafts tables and stacking barrels when I heard the double-doors to the daycare creak open. Looking up, I dropped the barrel I was holding, frozen.

"..Moon-?"

Moon stood in the doorway, glancing around. His gaze landed on me and he smiled, stepping fully into the daycare.

"MOON!"

I bolted towards him, throwing myself into his arms with a sob. "Moon! I missed you so much, I-" 
"Shh...I'm here Sunshine..." Moon's voice came out in a soothing whisper, wrapping his arms around me to hold me close, "I'm back; I'm okay..."

"I'm so sorry for what I said- I didn't mean any of it...I'm just so glad you're back.." I sniffled, clinging tightly to Moon with a muffled sob as I buried my face into his chest.

Moon rubbed my back gently, cooing, "I know, Sun...I know.." He pet my head gently as he spoke to me, reassuring me that he forgave me and wasn't upset. He didn't blame me for getting mad at him and yelling at him. He was just glad to be back. 

"I missed you.." I whispered, leaning into Moon's touch, "I missed you so much.."
"I know...I did too.." Moon gently lifted my head from his chest to press a kiss to my forehead, "I won't ever leave you like that again...I'm sorry..I love you, Sunshine.."

"I love you too."

~'-⁂-'~

I jolted awake, clinging tightly to a pillow. I looked around frantically as I sat up, "Moon-?? Moon! Moon please-!"

No- No no no nonononono- That couldn't have just been a dream- Please..

I'm only supposed to have nightmares! Eclipse made sure of that! I hadn't had a normal dream ever since Eclipse showed up; I'm not supposed to be dreaming!
Please- Please, no...I couldn't lose Moon again, I couldn't-..

I clung tightly to the pillow again, burying my face into it. "Not supposed to dream- Not supposed to-" I choked out, "Come back- Please, come back-" I was shaking and sobbing at this point, muttering pleas for Moon to come back and for the dream to have been real over and over, desperate.

※※※

I tricked yall.

I have chronic writer's block.

-Still Jackie