Chapter 37: Snacks (Part 1)

Oh cool

More of my art

※※※

(Sun's POV)

"Finally...Jeez today seemed longer than usual.." I muttered to myself with a sigh once I'd closed the daycare's doors once the last kid left, going over to the security desk and flopping down into the swivel chair. I glanced down and nudged the snack box with my foot, remembering the mental note I'd made earlier today to grab snacks from the kitchen for the kids. I huffed and slid down further in the chair, reluctant to get up with how exhausted I was.

Just as I was about to get up, Moon came over. "Long day?" He asked, leaning against the desk with his arms folded across his chest. I nodded with another heavy sigh, "My battery is only at 20%..."

He gave me a sympathetic smile and pet my head a bit, "Then go charge. I can handle cleaning up the daycare by myself." I leaned into his touch but shook my head slightly, "Can't. I need to go to one of the kitchens to stock up on snacks for the kids.."

"Why not let me and Bloody take care of it?" He suggested, cocking his head to the side, "You need to rest anyways." I huffed a little but nodded, "That'd be nice.." After a moment, I sighed and got up, pecking Moon on the cheek, "Don't be too long. You know how I get when you're gone."

"I know Sunshine," He said as he pecked me back, "I'll only be gone for a bit. Promise." I nodded and brushed past him to go up the stairs to our room, plugging myself in with my charging cord before curling up on the bed and pulling the plush of Moon we'd found to my chest to cuddle.

~'-⁂-'~

(Moon's POV)

Once Sun had gone upstairs I looked around for BloodMoon, spotting him talking to Lunar by the playstructures off to the side. Trotting up to the two, I saw Lunar nudging a very tense and rigid Bloody, gesturing towards me. I raised an eyebrow, seeing that something was clearly going on.

"What's going on here?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips as I looked down at the two who were sitting on the floor. Lunar giggled and placed a hand over his mouth to stifle it a bit, glancing between me and Bloody. I looked to Bloody next, hoping for an answer, but he just quickly looked away to avoid my gaze.

"..Do I have something on my face-??" I asked as I touched my faceplate lightly with my fingertips, confused, "What's so funny-?"
"Nothing," Lunar replied quickly, though he continued to giggle like he knew something I didn't, "Bloody and I were just talking about work, is all."
Bloody nodded along, finally looking back up towards me, "Mhmm, just talking about work-"

I nodded, not believing them completely, "Right, well- Blood, Sun's resting right now, so can you come with me to one of the kitchens to pick up snacks for the kids?"
Bloody nodded eagerly, a bit too eagerly if I'm being honest, and stood up, "Of course! I'd be glad to help!"

He smiled and seemed to immediately realize how quickly he'd responded, regret washing over his features and grimacing a bit. He stuffed his hands into his pockets, "I kind of owe you anyway.."

"For what-?" I asked, cocking my head to the side and crossing my arms over my chest.
"For helping me out so much," He said, kicking his foot a bit, "You're so kind to me, and you practically do my job for me. Sun too."

I shook my head, "It's nothing, really. I used to double as security anyways, so I'm used to it." I waved it off and got back to topic, "Now, are you coming or what?"
He perked up and nodded, "Of course! Just- Let me go grab something before we do-!" He rushed off towards the stairs, bounding up them two steps at a time and going into his room. 

I leaned against the playstructure beside Lunar as I waited for him to come back, arms crossed over my chest. 
"..Mr. Moon?" Lunar spoke up, looking up at me from the floor, "May I ask you a question..?"

I looked down at Lunar and softened my expression, "Go ahead Lunar."
He fiddled with his thumbs a bit, looking down at his hands and furrowing his eyebrows, "Why...Why are you so much nicer to Bloody than you are to me? I mean, you're nice to me now, but you hated me when I first showed up.."

"Lunar, I never hated you," I said softly, crouching down to his height and placing a hand on his head, "I just-...It's complicated.."
He looked up at me with teary eyes, "If you didn't hate me, why were you so cold..?" He sniffled and I could feel my mechanical heart crack.

I pet him a bit, wiping his tears away with my thumb, "I-...I guess I was jealous...Afraid, even...I'm nicer to BloodMoon because I realized that I don't have anything to be jealous or afraid of..."

"Why would you be afraid..?" He sniffed, wiping away his own tears away with the back of his hand, "I'm not exactly the scariest animatronic here.."
I paused, hesitating, before I sighed. "I was afraid you'd take Sun from me...That Sun would like you better and leave me behind.." I looked to the ground in shame, "I know now that you wouldn't do that, and Sun wouldn't either, but I got jealous and directed it towards you...I'm sorry; I shouldn't have done that.."

"..So are we friends now?" Lunar asked, looking up at me, hopeful. I chuckled softly and nodded, "Sure. We can be friends."

A moment later, Bloody came back down with a jacket, though it looked a little small on him. "Sorry I took so long!" He called, trotting over to us, "It took a while to find one that fit me-" 

I raised an eyebrow, "Why do you need to wear a jacket?"
"It gets cold in the kitchens, doesn't it-?" He cocked his head to the side, "I figured I should wear a jacket, just in case."

"We can't get cold," I pointed out, "Sure, we have heat sensors to 'feel' temperature, but it doesn't really affect us."
He seemed to get embarrassed at that, stuffing his hands in his pockets and looking away, "Ah- Well- It's still comfy-"

I sighed and shook my head, "Let's just get going before the kitchen closes."

※※※

Relatively short chapter, I know, but that's because I'm working on redesigns for the characters-

-So look out for that,

Still Jackie :)