Chapter 55: Twist

Tw: Mentions of death/suicide, 4th wall breaking, relationship trauma, ruminating, sort of suggestive themes?, swearing, mentions of Eclipse, metaphorical knife

I made the art <3

※※※

(3rd Person POV)

"I can't believe it's almost been a month..."

"I know! Everybody's missed you so much!"

"Heh- You're awfully chipper, aren't you?"

"How can't I be?!"

"Pff- Yeah..."

"What's wrong-? You seem a bit sad?"

Moon wrung his hat tail between his hands, giving a shrug as he looked down at the floor.

Oh, right! You're probably wondering how Moon's alive! If he's even alive, and this isn't another trick, that is.

I'm guessing an explanation is overdue.

~'-⁂-'~

Earlier that day, just before the plex opened, Lunar got called into Parts and Services for a reason that he didn't know. He'd told Sun and Bloody that he'd be back soon and to go ahead and start getting the daycare ready without him.

Upon reaching the dimly lit "mechanic haven", Ivy was the first to greet Lunar. She'd been working on Moon incessantly ever since the 'incident' and finally got him up and running. She admitted that she almost gave up when she realized how much damage was done to Moon's chip, but was able to recover most -- if not all -- of his memories.

Ivy led the bright blue animatronic to one of the side rooms, where Moon was sitting on an operation table with his legs dangling over the edge. He was wringing the end of his hat in his hands, eyebrows furrowed as he stared down at the ground.

"Mr. Moon?" Lunar poked his head inside of the room, lighting up as he saw him, "You're okay!"

Moon jumped, being abruptly pulled from his thoughts. It was all a blur for him when he realized that Lunar had his arms wrapped tight around his midsection, face buried into Moon's chest. Lunar hugged him tight, a bright smile plastered on his face.

"I can't believe it! You're actually back!!" He pulled away for a moment, practically buzzing with excitement, "We all thought you were gone for good! But here you are!!! Not gone!!"

Moon couldn't help but snicker and smile at Lunar's antics, relaxing and leaning back on his hands on the operation table. "Yeah, I thought I was a goner too.." His smile faltered a tad, furrowing his eyebrows, "How- How's Sun?"

"I think it'd be better to see him and ask yourself." Ivy stood in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed and a gentle, somnolent smile on her face.

Lunar perked up at that and nodded furiously, "Miss Ivy's right!" He grabbed Moon by the hand and started to lead him out the door, "Let's go!! Let's go!!"

"WOAH-" Moon nearly fell flat on his face as he was dragged off, practically running beside Lunar. He waved and called a 'thank you' over his shoulder to Ivy as he was led out of Parts and Services. Ivy just chuckled to herself at the two lunar bots' ridiculous shenanigans, waving goodbye to the two in return.

Moon held on tight to his hat so it wouldn't fall off, shouting to Lunar, "Slow down-! We're gonna get there eventually!" Lunar, thankfully, slowed down to a walk, beaming up at Moon. "Sorry- I'm just excited; I can't help it!"