Chapter 24: Bots' Night Out?

Tw: Swears, violence (Daycare shenanigans...*Sigh*)

Art by: ThatFallenHumanChild

Get ready for some EXTRA long chapters that are coming up soon!

※※※

(Eclipse's POV)

I walked through the cold corridors, humming a light tune. While brushing a hand over the cracks in the walls as I walked, my voice box crackled. Time to go home.

A few sparks flew from my circuit board as oil tears streaked down my faceplate, my mechanisms creaking with each step I took. When was I going to get home? Was Lunar home? Does 'home' even exist anymore?

How much time has passed since I left? No matter, it won't be too long now. Surely the others will have missed me. Hopefully. Whether or not they missed me, it's all the same; I'll be returning soon. Everything's in its proper place for my arrival; all the pieces are in their rightful place.

Now it's just a matter of putting the toys back in their bins, but that's the easy part. 

I grinned. Nearly there.

A few cracks sprung open in the walls, the light at the end of the tunnel getting increasingly brighter as this reality neared its end. 

As I got closer and closer to the end of the corridor, the world around me started to shift and close in around me, cracking like frail glass.

I called something out over my shoulder to the darkness, but no sound came from my voice. Only a deafening silence.

Looks like I'm home.

~'-⁂-'~

(Sun's POV)

I woke up in a cold sweat and quickly sat upright. After looking around and down to my right to make sure Moon was still asleep beside me, which he was, I calmed down. Heaving a breath of relief, I sunk back down next to him.

"Mmm...What's happened?" He mumbled half-asleep and pulled me close. I smiled, realizing the scenario was only a dream, "Nothing Starlight, go back to sleep." He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, "Are you sure..?"

I nodded, "Mhm. I've gotta get up now, though, so I'd appreciate it if you let me go." He whined, surprising me. Moon doesn't whine! "Stay here with me..!" He murmured.

"As much as I'd love to, work starts soon, and you and I both know we have to work to earn our keep," I pressed a few kisses to his forehead. He held me tight for a moment, yet he loosened his grip. "Finee...Go work.."

"I love youu~" I said as I got up, looking for my work clothes. I was now accustomed to living with Moon, it was a regular thing now.

Using the full-length mirror by my dresser, I got changed and grabbed my keys off the top of the dresser. I didn't bother locking the door behind me, Moon would do that when we did a shift change, so I put my keys in my pocket.

I'd hopped down the stairs when a splash came from the ball-pit. That was fast. 

"Wowza! You're here early, Sunbeam! How are-" I turned around to greet the first kid, but instead Roxanne stood in front of me. "O-Oh! Roxanne! What brings you to the daycare? Heh..."

She dug in her pocket and held out an envelope, "Big party later tonight. I'm hosting. See you there." I took the envelope and she went through the wooden double-doors.

"That was awkward..." I muttered. Roxanne always was difficult to get along with, and, if I'm being honest, it didn't help that she was downright scary!