CHAPTER 2

"Clan leader,come quick...Madam Lan is being punished" hearing this cut the last string that was holding his while body and just like that,Lan Qingheng-Jun plomped on his knees.He stoped shaking, eyes very wide without blinking and he froze, it looked like he wasn't breathing and this scared his desciples even further.

You see, Lan Qingheng-Jun had heard when he was about to enter the Gusu Lan gate, he had already recognised those screams immediately after hearing them. He knew it was his beloved wife cause he heard those screams before because he was there when he heard them 9years ago when Lan Furen was giving birth to Lan Xichen.

Now his speculations were confirmed, and he lost memory of movement. "Clan leader...C.clan leader" the desciples called again not knowing what to do and Lan Qingheng-Jun snapped out of his mind trapped world and just like that, he stood up and ran leaving his desciples behind in awe of their clan leader's actions and how he broke the clan's rule which was running.

He ran until he reached the descipline chamber and he kicked the his way in as the door flung open, the atmosphere in the punishment chamber was like a rain had fallen for many days with no wind to accompany it which kind of made the occupants unable to hear and breath.

No one heard the door swing open, the elders were all standing up on both sides of the chamber, their gasps filled the room as they winced with every "twark" the descipline plank made as it reached Lan Furen's back, some even had their eyes closed shut.

This was not because they were not used to witnessing punishment,but because it was the first time in the history of Lan Clan that a woman was punished in that manner. Women's punishment was a bit lighter where they had to work in the herb fields without seeing anyone not even their families.

This to them was the most gruesome all all punishment for a woman, their fingers clutched their robes and didn't even notice their clan leader pass them going to the front where punishment was being delivered. By the time Lan Qingheng-Jun reached the front, he had already heard twelve lashes which made him wonder how many his wife had actually recieved as he heard her screams when he reached the gates.

Lan Qingheng-Jun had dragged himself as his pace was slowed by each lash he heard and he stopped after hearing a familiar voice giving orders to something that shut his body completely, he lost his mobility, plomped to his knees with a "thurmb" his head still facing forward. " Bring the descipline which, she took a life and she has to remember her evil deeds" and by now the elders staggered and some elders had to support other elders as their feet unrooted from the ground and were about to fall to the hard ground.

A desciple brought the whip, you see this whip was no ordinary whip. It looked smooth from the outside which was made of pure silk for strength, the handle was made of wood but laced with silk, however the inside was not as soft as it looked on the outside. A unique sword was made with unique materials and was cut into tiny pieces using spiritual energy and was stuffed inside the silk which made it look appealing but dangerous as well.

By this time, Lan Furen's back was all bloody with her hanfu torn and stuck to her back, she had stopped screaming and crying a little while ago because she didn't want to attract attention outside, she didn't want her sons to hear or see her being punished, so she had to bare the pain. She had bit her lower lip which made her mouth bloody with blood dripping and rolling to her chin as she prepared herself for the descipline which.

A "twark" like lightning sound was heard and that awakened Lan Qingheng-Jun from his nightmarish world and like a flash of lightning he ran to his wife, Lan Furen's body convulsed and and her eyes shut and when she was about to fall face down, cold hands circled her body. She opened her eyes a saw her husband with tears streaming down his face like a waterfall dropping it's load of heavy water to the ground.

His eyes swollen and red and she saw how his robes were disheveled and his hair messily scattered down around his shoulders and she held her trembling hand toward her husband and placed it on his cheek. She gave him a small painful smile before weakly fixing his messy hair and slowly wiped his ever flowing tears with the back of her hand. Lan Qingheng-Jun held her hand to his cheek and whispered to her " Wo Ai Ni"

Her smile widened showing her bloody teeth, her soft voice disappeared as she opened her mouth and then closing it again as no words came out, her face never lost her smile and so she gave him a short soft nod which he understood the meaning behind it before passing out in his husband's hands. He caressed her cheek and wiped the tear stains off her face,he gently picked her placing his hand behind her neck avoiding her bloody back and the other behind her thighs and stood up from the bloody stone they were kneeling on. He looked around to elders who occupied the room, to the desciples who were on the left and finally to his right side...