CHAPTER 45

Wei Changze now knew something was off and he needed answers, he needed them in an instant before madam Wen came back.

After Wei Ying was born with his eyes closed and they opened after he was named, and when he did, Changse didn't look as scared and shocked as Wei Changze was. He knew that something was being kept from him, first Changse kept her pregnancy a secret and even though he knew the reason later but he felt useless, so useless that his soon to be wife told his friend about her secret but not him. Secondly...she slept for full six months and when she woke up the first person she acknowledged was her martial brother,not him and certainly not the baby she had just given birth to. Third...she insisted that they should name baby and give him two names when the second was to be given when he was a little older, she also wanted the names to be given quickly before madam Wen came back from the city, which was really odd.

Now...what he didnt understand was why did the baby open his eyes after being named and again the most shocking thing to him was the baby's eyes. When Wei Ying opened his eyes they were glowing, one was glowing red while the other was glowing blue, the glow was nothing Wei Changze has ever seen before let alone on a baby. He saw that Changse wasn't really bothered by them as if she knew that something was supposed to happen, she wasn't shocked but rather amused by that. So he concluded that his son was not an ordinary baby. " Changse... what's going on, why is the baby's eyes like that and why do you look as if you know what is going on? Please tell me cause I really don't even understand why you kept him a secret from me, like you knew he would be like this."

Wei Changze was heartbroken but he had to calm down so it would be easier to understand. " Changze...I'm sorry for keeping him a secret from you but I couldn't bear it if word were to come out that you impregnated a maiden before marrying her, I don't really care about protecting my reputation but yours was more important to tarnish. I told Jiang clan leader because I knew he was your only friend and because he was your master,I knew telling him wasn't fair to you, but I knew he would be able to protect you when something happened. I'm sorry beloved, please forgive me. I was in another world while I was sleeping and I wasn't pregnant in that world, but I was with my son, my a'Xian. I saw that we were in this mortal world but in a different time, in that time, I saw him as a baby and I kept protecting him because I felt that there was something that wanted to harm him.

I was running through the mountains and I found a cave and hid in it, I was tired so I held a'Xian on tight in my arms and I don't know when I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning he wasn't there, he wasn't in my arms anymore and I cried so much that I felt dizzy and weak. I laid there I don't know for how many days and i was woken by a small warm hand caressing my cheek, when I woke up I found a child crouching right next to me. I was shocked and scared but the I looked into his eyes, his eyes were glowing red like how a'Xian one eye is glowing now,he stood up quickly and stood two steps away from me. Then upon looking carefully I noticed that they were not scary. I started to feel relaxed and I stood up and walked to the child, he looked like he was four years old, I crouched down to his level and held his tiny hand and right then...I felt the most warm feeling I have never felt in my life.

I realised that I loved this child but not because he was there, I felt that I loved him since he was a baby. The feeling felt real familiar and as I was trying to understand he spoke to me and said ' a ma...' in that instant I realised that he was the baby I was trying to protect, the baby I was holding in my arms when I fell asleep in the cave, my baby, my a'Xian. I didn't understand where those feeling came from, I felt the most overwhelming love I have never seen or felt, it was so overwhelming that I sat down and cried, I cried so hard and the only thing he did while I was crying was place his tiny hand on my stomach. I shocked by his action and I stopped crying, by just his touch I was full, I didn't feel hungry, sad or even scared. I felt like he was the one protecting me. I kneeled down to his level and hugged him so tight that I didn't want to ever let go or he would disappear.

I broke the hug and looked into his glowing eyes and said ' a'Xian, don't ever leave a ma alone like that again ok, a ma cannot live if you dissapeared again, ok a'Xian?' he nod his head and I looked to the entrance of the cave checking for any lurking danger when I saw a smear of black substance on the cave wall by the entrance. I stood up and told him to wait where he was and I went to check what it really was, I found that it was like black blood with black smoke coming out of it, I looked around outside to see the source of that black blood but didn't find any. Only when I walked back inside did I notice that the a'Xian had the same smudge on his other hand. He was wearing the robe from that fabric my master gave to me and because it was black and wearing a red inner robe,I didn't see any stains on it. I quickly went to him and asked him what it was and how he got the stains on his hand and he said it was something evil trying to get in the cave to harm them and he killed it.

He pulled the bottom end of his robe and wiped his hand, he took my hand and sat me down to the far end of the cave further away from the entrance and sat me down on a rock. Then he said ' a'ma, there's something I need to tell you, it's really important so listen, please." The way he said it made me think as if I'm talking to an older person, I mean how could a child who looked like he was 4years old have something important to tell a grown up right? "