CHAPTER 25

After closing the gate Lan Qingheng-Jun looked back at the house for the last time, he smiled a little thinking about the memories the he shared with his loved ones in the silent chambers. He turned back and went to Lan Qiren's house, he wanted to githere before Lan Qiren went out to the library but little did he know that Lan Qiren was still in his chambers and and had already told the boys that they will miss class that day. He knocked on the door when he arrived and without a reply, the door opened. He was looking straight ahead as he thought Lan Qiren would open the door but no, Lan Xichen opened instead and he turned his polite smiling face into the biggest smile when he saw his father.

Lan Qingheng-Jun was also very happy, he knelt down to Lan Xichen's height as he was a tall man and held his hand. Lan Xichen's hand felt very tiny compared to his big hand even though Lan Xichen was 9years old. He smiled at him and asked " good morning Xichen, how are you my son?" Lan Qingheng-Jun asked his elder son as he ushered both of them in and sat in a chair close to the door. " Good morning father, I'm fine thank you, are you here to see uncle" " yes son but talk to your father a little will you? I haven't seen you in a month so I missed you so much. How are your studies and music going ?" " I missed you too father, I missed both you and mom so much, I passed all my tests, uncle said if I pass my last test he'll take me to see Yungmeng to uncle Jiang's house when he goes to his meeting. Oh! and I played calming music for Wanji this morning, he loved it he even meditated for a long time."

Lan Xichen was so excited to see his father so much so that he spoke non stop, but Lan Qingheng-Jun didnt stop him, he concerntrated on every single words he said. " That's great son, you're really a good and smart older brother, I'm so proud of you son" he hugged him tightly as if he was going to disappear right infront of his eyes if he doesn't. In truth, Lan Qingheng-Jun missed his son who he barely saw due to known circumstances. He broke the hug and looked at him with adoration and gently pat his head when Lan Qiren came into the room.

"Brother.. you're here, welcome and good morning, please come inside " Lan Qingheng-Jun followed Lan Qiren still holding his son's hand in his and went to the tea room. Lan Zhan was still in meditation room where he was admiring his uncle's Guqin' and slowly running his tiny fingers on the strings, they were in the meditation room when they heard a knock and Lan Xichen told his uncle he will go and see who it was, but when he took so long Lan Qiren followed only to find his brother who had last been in his house a long time ago as they barely saw each other.

Both Lan Qingheng-Jun and Lan Xichen knew Lan Zhan wouldn't come to them so they silently went to the tea room, but when they because the tea room and the meditation room was close to each other with no walls between them they halted their movements when they saw little Lan Zhan admiring the Guqin'. They silently stood there watching him running his little fingers back and forth, he didn't even notice 3pairs of eyes looking at him. He pulled one string and he smiled as he heard it's sound and out his hand gently over it to stop it from strumming again.

He was just satisfied with the sound that he showed his little teeth which he never did no matter how many times he smiled at his mother, no one had seen this kind of smile, not even his mother. " Hhhh! " A gasps sounded in the room and Lan Zhan turned around to see the source only to find his family standing there with their mouths hanged opened, little Lan Zhan tilted his head to the side trying to understand what they were looking at but their opened mouths formed smiles unknowingly and they entered the meditation room.

"Wanji do you like the Guqin'? Do you want to learn to play it" Lan Xichen asked his little brother it he didn't reply, his eyes fell to the floor as he always does and then " I know you will be good at it, uncle will talk to the elders, right uncle" it was like Lan Xichen understood what Lan Zhan's answer was and the two old brothers looked at each other confused and then Lan Qiren answered " Xichen you shouldn't force your brother to play when he doesn't want to son, just let him think about it atleast" " but uncle he said he liked it, I didn't force him, right Wanji?" Lan Wanji looked at the instrument again and again looked at the floor.

" You see son? He doesn't want to, maybe for now" " but uncle he said yes again, he wants to learn so please talk to the elders to teach him" Because Lan Xichen was so adamant that Lan Zhan wanted to learn that he even said he agreed to be taught, they just stopped talking back and forth so that they don't annoy Lan Zhan and Lan Qingheng-Jun with their noise. Both father and his younger son didn't like noise, which is why there was even a rule stating so. They were alike in so many aspects and they knew they had to stop talking.

" Zhan, good morning little one, how are you today. " Lan Qingheng-Jun asked little Lan Zhan but didn't touch his hand like he did with Lan Xichen because he knew his son hated to be touched by others, only his mother and brother were an exception. Little Lan Zhan soflty and and slowly nod his head and then headed to the tea room and sat down, he looked at them again as if waiting for them to come sit down. Lan Xichen was the first to come and he sat down next to Lan Zhan and calmly smiled at him. The elders. And and joined them and Lan Qiren poured tea for all of them and they quietly sipped their tea in total silence, not even the sipping sounds were heard in the room. Lan Qingheng-Jun kept looking at this two sons the whole time