CHAPTER 17

Lan Furen finished preparing breakfast for her little one and she sat next to him after placing the 3 plates on the table, Lan Zhan's diet was mainly steamed flower herbs, vegetables and a bowl of herbal soup which Lan Zhan had to finish. He had already gotten used to eating those kinds of food and even when he saw other foods he would rather ask for his and not what others were eating, he knew that everyday during lunch time his mother would add atleast two cookies which she baked using the same medicinal herbs he has to eat everyday but Lan Zhan was always looking forward to eating his special cookies. Lan Furen also baked other cookies with less medicinal herbs for Lan Xichen and she would everyday wait for him to come after finishing studying for the day, he loved studying and he never even a bit complained about having to do so much work. He would study from 7am to 2pm but most of his time was taken by his music study which he asked his father if he could study when Lan Zhan was just an infant, he would study from 3pm till 7pm in the evening and the only break he allowed himself to take was lunchtime.

He wanted to be able to play for his baby brother one day without the help of the elders, this was his sole reason in learning how to play calming music. The elders would come at 8am in the morning after Lan Zhan had eaten his breakfast and again at 8pm in the evening and Lan Xichen always accompanied them to take notes on some musical scores. His father had already gifted him his Liebieng, it looked very delicate and smooth to the touch and he played the most beautiful music which his family liked to listen to, especially Lan Zhan who would always wait for him outside when it was time for the elders to arrive. He finished eating in silence as per Lan clan rules and Lan Furen took him to his room to change him into his beautiful tiny white robes with dark blue cloud patterns at the back, and his signature Lan clan forehead ribbon which he must wear and he was told to never let anyone touch it unless if it's his soulmate.

He was the only one given that rule because Lan Xichen used to let his friends from his class which Lan Qiren was teaching would always touch each other's forehead ribbon. Lan Furen lit his favourite sandlewood fragrances insence stick, and little Lan Zhan sat in a meditative posture and closed his eyes waiting for the elders to arrive anytime soon. Lan Furen went to out away the plates and when she saw the elders come in through the gate when she returned, they were always right in time. They approached Lan Furen who was waiting at the door ready to welcome them inside, they greeted and said their pleasantries then proceeded towards the meditation room where little Lan Zhan was waiting for them. They entered the room and found Lan Zhan meditating , it was like he was sleeping and at the age of 4 doing what he does was unheard of, it never ceased to amaze them. They went in quietly and sat on their respective places and started playing, one was using ' Guqin' while the other was using a ' flute' .

Their music blended together beautifuly which gave Lan Zhan an deep kick towards his meditation. They would play for about an hour and leave but Lan Zhan's meditation would last for 2 and a half hours, which was shocking considering that kids don't meditate since it was hard for them to concentrate. He was different and everyone knew, even the kids who would always stand at waiting to see if he would come out and play and going back sometimes before dark when he still wouldn't go out. He didn't like talking especially with other kids, he thought it to be bothersome to be amongst them so he would rather stay indoors with his mother reading the books his maternal grandfather gifted his mother. They were 4 in total .

One was for deep meditation which meant the one meditating would do so no mater where of how noisy it was,which Lan Zhan mastered with a week with the help of the silent or privacy talisman Baoshan Sanren placed in the room, 2nd was for activating ones golden core, if one was too weak for their golden core to strengthen and not just cultivators, 3rd was for medicinal plants that helps in strengthening muscles, immune system, body toning and straightening posture and strength, the 4th and which lan Furen always placed at the bottom knowing very well that Lan Zhan liked to do things in order. He would never start with the second book or the last, he would read the 1st book then the 2nd and so forth, if he was to not read all of them in a day then he would start from the beginning the second day. He had this mentality in his tiny mind that if he doesn't finish reading the 3rd one then it meant he wasn't ready yet.

The elders played for that hour and left a while ago and it was now time for Lan Zhan to come out if meditation, Lan Furen always knew Lan Zhan's waking up time from meditation so she crouched down which wasn't even to his level as he was such an adorable child and Lan Furen always waited till his eyes opened revealing his almond eyes that made him even more cute. Lan Zhan indeed opened his eyes after 2 and a half hours and Lan Furen smiled at him and her eyes saying ' I'm so proud of you ' then she took his tiny arm and took Lan Zhan to the garden at the back of the house which consisted of every herb that was Lan Zhan's diet. They ploughed for a few minutes when Lan Furen heard the door to the silent room closing quietly, Lan Furen thought it must be her husband maybe came back to grab something he forgot. But when she heard nithing, she told Lan Zhan to stay in the garden until she comes back.

Lan Zhan did as he was told with just a look she had already knew what he was saying, them she went inside to investigate the source of the sound she heard. And then...just after entering, she saw someone she knew very well.