CHAPTER 57

Changse was still in deep thoughts about tlwhat the old lady had said and didn't notice Wei Changze when he entered. Wei Ying was busy talking when he heard his father ask his mother where he was, he gave a smile to the old lady and went out the bedroom to meet his father who was now standing by the door not knowing whether to call his son or wait for him to come out himself since he couldn't enter a lady's bed chambers. As he was about to turn around his son stood before him with a bright smile and Wei Changze returned the smile. Wei Ying had already knew that it was time to tell his father what he couldn't all these years, he had been given given an approval to tell them by the voice that had been guiding him throughout all the years. When he sat on his father's lap, he was sad knowing that the two people who gave give joy were going to another realm.

He didn't believe in death, but just the thought that he could never see his parents again made him sad and he cried as he was telling his father what had been happening in his life. He was so happy when his father comforted him because to be honest, his father was not always around, it's not like he didn't want to be around because he did. He was just too busy going around the city selling what he and his wife planted in their back yard as a cover to hear more news about those who were after them. He was a clever man and he knew people tend to get relaxed around hawkers and even share their secrets or gossip , which has happened a lot since he started selling his goods. He had heard  Nie clan's younger heir was born and how the whole town celebrated his birth for a week, how Jin clan leader found another concubine and the most hilarious being the evil spirits possessing dogs. He had a great laugh when he heard of that one.

But there were a tually no news about the Jiang clan looking for them which was great, and even when he left very early in the morning and would come back very late after checking their perimeters which was exhausting for him. He had never once complained when he woke up or came back, he had never once thought the lives they were living was too difficult for him. Neither him or Changse complained about how their lives had turned out, they both came from comfortable lives where they had everything without even asking for it to selling vegetables just for their son. They lived happy and they laughed everyday and make sure to teach their son values of life from a very young age and he excelled in all of them. Changse finished preparing her almost burnt out dish when she was about to go to her little family outside when she overheard their conversation.

All her pent-up emotions came rushing through her like tsunami waves, she had successfully kept everything in when the old lady told spoke to her and she had thought to herself that she would completely accept whatever was to happen the next day. Atleast she thought she was ready, but hearing her son saying all that broke her heart. She now understood what the old woman meant she she said their son was protecting them all along, she was not sad because her 4year old son had a great responsibility even at such a young and again since before he was born, she had already known that her son was special the moment she gave birth and recieved a message from her master, but because Wei Ying was still young to loose both parents with no one else to care for him. It was impossible to send him to her master since she had already travelled and her cultivation brother was roaming the mortal realm to assist people in any way he could.

She had no sister or brother and no one to look after her son when they pass on. When she saw Wei Changze wiping his tears, she wanted to get away so that he doesn't see her pain because she was not supposed to tell him what the old lady had told her. It bacame too much for her to a point where she was unable to keep everything in anymore, she muffled her cries and when Wei Changze looked at her she understood that he needed time alone with his son and went in the house before their son saw her. She rushed and was about to enter the kitchen when the old woman called her into her bed chambers, she went in unable to hold herself and the old woman understood her sadnesd. She went to her side of the bed and was about to sit on the chair beside the bed when she gestured for her to come towards her. The old woman reached out her hand and held Changse's hand and pulled her to lay her head in her lap to comfort her. She cried silently while the old lady was softly rubbing her back  back and forth until she stopped crying.

The old woman didn't say anything nor did she ask why she was in that state and even when Changse sat on the chair next to her bed she kept smiling at her, assuring her that everything was as it should be. Changse calmed down and smiled back at her the old woman before saying " thank you Wai zufu, you don't know how much I really needed that motherly comfort, I will go dish up your  food right now." She was about to stand up when the old lady said " don't bother with that child, you just prepare everything for your family and don't not me" she was so shocked to hear the old woman say that, how can she say that when they were eating her food in her house and not give her her own food ... The old lady saw that she was hassitant and said to her " child...I am not a mortal, so I don't eat food nor drink water, I just accepted and drank the herbs you have prepared for me so that you do not get too suspicious. But herbs are really good for ones body so I am very greatful. Just go and spend time with your family ok...?"