CHAPTER 24

On the other part of Cloud Rescessess, Lan Qingheng-Jun woke up and found that Lan Furen was still sleeping, but as soon as he was about to climb out of bed his wife stirred and woke up. He looked at her and smiled after softly kissing her cheek and she melted, the amount of love she felt from her husband was so powerful that even the pain on her back was gone. He held her hand and asked " his are you feeling today" " I'm fine Lao gong, but we need to talk" Lan Qingheng-Jun knew it was indeed time for them to talk, so , he helped her sit and and gently covered her legs with a soft quilt and faced her. " Lao gong, I'm going and please don't stop me, just listen to me first ok " Lan Qingheng-Jun jumped and stood up from the bed and then sat back down when his wife asked his to hear what she had to say, he already saw it coming but he just didn't want to admit it. So he calmed down cause he wasn't any different from his wife right now just that he wanted to say it first and hearing his wife say it first cracked a rib close to the heart. But he listened anyway.

" Lao gong, I'm so sorry, I thought I would let you go before me but my heart is content and my mind is in chaos because my body refuses to listen to it. I am in happy that I was able to destroy the resentment energy's power source, it fled after he fell down but I saw how weak it was and it would take many years for it to regain its powers again. Our clan is safe, my Wanji is safe and I just want to rest. My body is tired, so let me go first and I will wait for you at the gate, I promise. Please my dear, allow me to rest..." Lan Qingheng-Jun tried to hold himself but he couldn't, he cried, it was a silent cry where tears would only fall from his face without any sobs being heard, but his heart was too loud that even Lan Furen heard it loud and clear so he held his hand, turned it over and kissed his palm ," these arms have done everything they could for me, don't blame yourself anymore cause there was nothing we could have changed. I'm happy now Lao gong and let me leave while I'm still happy "

Lan Qingheng-Jun nod his head and Lan Furen wiped away his tears and they both smiled at each other, they now knew it was time and there was no other option. " Ok Lao Po, but we must meet our kids before we go, I will speak with Qiren now to send the boys to us for this week, I have only 2weeks left and what about you?" Lan Qingheng-Jun knew he was also going to die, and how did he know that? Well...this is how it works...

Golden core -: it was their power source and it transferred power to their soul/ spirit and it stores the golden core's power in the spirit/ soul for use in fighting, cultivation, health, emotions and so on. It is then called the spiritual energy,it travels to the entire body. When the spiritual energy or powers is used up, meditation is needed to generate powers from the golden core so that it transfers power again to be stored in the spirit or soul again and the cycle keeps going on and on. The golden core can run out of power due to excessive use and it could take months or years for it to jump start again, but when it too its ending. When the spiritual energy completely runs out, extreme weakeness is felt throughout the acupoints as a warning to lie down and take a last breath. ( NO PROOF READING ,I COMPLETELY MADE IT UP🤪)

Lan Furen smiled and said" I have a day, but it's more than enough for me" " Lao Po, don't you want to spend some time with your son's before you go to the immortal realm, I want you to leave a good memory for them. Zhan is a smart child , and you know as well as I do that he already knows what happened to you. So Lao Po , I beg of you, please don't leave him with that memory" they both teared up after realising that they spent so much time protecting their sons that they didn't have enough time to spend with them, playing with them, teaching then and most importantly...showing them that they truly love them and they would do anything for them, even die for them. Lan Xichen stayed with his uncle so it could be easy for Lan Furen to protect Lan Zhan, they didn't want Xichen to stay together with his mother and little brother because it was also dangerous for him to be there.

" Lao Po I will give you half of my spiritual energy, but I will not stay here. You know that if we become sad or do other marital activities our energy will deplet quicker than planned" Lan Qingheng-Jun said and his wife nodded with an appreciative smile than that of sadness. They hugged each other and Lan Qingheng-Jun transferred her his spiritual energy as planned. Lan Qingheng-Jun gave his wife his last kiss and said " Lao Po promise me that you will wait for me in the other side" " I promise my dear Lao gong, I will not break this promise, ever." They smiled at each other holding hands for the last time and slowly letting of each other until they finally let go. Lan Qingheng-Jun walked out without looking back in fear that if he gave her one last glance he wouldn't be able to let go of the live if his life.

Lan Furen watched his husband's back retreating with a content smile, holding on to the promise they made to each other because they knew they would do anything to find each other again in their next life after they depart from each other in the immortal realms. She stood up from the bed and started tidying the house, she was humming the song she always sang to Lan Zhan since he was a baby and everyday from there till yesterday morning.

She wasn't sad anymore, she couldn't be, depleting the shared spiritual energy would make her unable to see her sins and she couldn't risk it so instead she kept busy baking Lan Zhan's favourite cookies which had ingredients of his special herbs, took out all the incense sticks that had sandlewood scent and placed them in the meditation room on the small table, cooking their favourite meals and lastly, she took a bath and meditated so she could keep her emotions in check when she saw her children again and to safely secure her husband's last gift to her, his spiritual energy. She was happy that she would die with the last thing she had was her husband's.