CHAPTER 8

The bell finished of making a ' ding...ding...ding ' sound making Lan Qingheng-Jun gasp, you see, 3' dings' was the highest of them all. The Lan underworld bell was made by 8 of the most powerfull Lan elders hundreds of years ago,and it was the best if the amongst all cultivation tools that has ever been created in the entire mortal world. It could measure the level of bad or evil energy as you might call it from 1 being a very low or lost soul, 2 terrorising spirit which didn't want to rest yet until it took revenge to its killer to 3 which was the highest, meant that the evil spirit had manifested itself into resentment energy and it didn't want to be purified nor be destroyed. It's goal is to set havoc in the entire world and it would possess anyone even the greatest cultivators just to kill without meaning.

Lan Qingheng-Jun in his fearful self was shocked as he wondered how such a spirit could possess his wife, his questions were how? Where and when it possessed his wife and if for that amount of resentment it had,it was impossible for his wife not to know it when it entered her body but why didn't she tell him about it. He was so confused about all that, what he feared most was that his wife was pregnant and and he had to protect her together with the entire Lan clan member as it was too powerful. She took some extra trapping talismans which already had locking or trapping powers and write a few words characters on them and set in in the middle of the room above the ground.

And took dozens more and placed them in every nook of Cloud Rescessess before going back to his wife,when he got there , he found a desciple standing by the door holding a tray of food waiting for the door to open. It looked like he had just got there and to his amazement, Lan Furen opened the door smiling as if nothing had happened, and that eased Lan Qingheng-Jun's troubled mind. He walked towards them and greeted the maiden incharge of their and took the food tray from and gave her a nod before she turned and went back. He stood there looking at his wife and gave her a loving smile, the smile only his wife knows he has cause no one had ever seen him smile, ever! .

She returned the sweet smile which blew Lan away in an instant as they walked in the silent room to have their food. They enjoyed their meal in silence and when they were finished, he took the tray to the other room and came back to see his wife waiting for him. He wanted to ask her about the resentment energy but he knew this topic was sensitive since she was pregnant, he went and sat down and held her hand and told her that he would take extra care of her since she was pregnant and that she doesn't have to do anything from then on.

She understood fearing that she would risk her unborn baby's life since she that she had brought something dangerous to her life, she didn't care about having to risk herself because of her recklessness but she wanted her child to grow well and that should start with her taking good care of herself. From that day, Lan Furen did everything her husband asked her to do, attending a soul calming music class which was held by the 2 elders, coming home before dark, sleeping for atleast 3 hours during the day to having her diet changed for both her and her and the baby's health. She did it all very well without complaints and it was very effective.

Time went by and Lan Furen was now ready to deliver her baby and the healers together with the Lan clan's most experienced midwives to help deliver the baby, but things were proving difficult. She had now been in labour for almost 16 hours and nothing was happening. Lan Qingheng-Jun and Lan Qiren were very worried and they decided to send the desciples to go to every clan and ask for their best healers to come and assist in the situation. Clan leaders from various clans dent their best healers as per requested and Jiang clan leader even came himself to offer his support for his dear friend Lan Qingheng-Jun.

It had now been 3days and still Lan Furen hadn't given birth and all the healers had tried their best,even transferring spiritual energy to ease her pain but it was proved very difficult. Lan Furen was now loosing consciousness as she was very tired, the healers came out of her room and gave the news to the clan leader, they were all exhausted from staying up for 3whole days and nights and even when after combining and thinking of a solution nothing was affective, until....

Later on the 4th day when all the healers gathered and Jiang clan leader was busy giving assurance to Lan Qingheng-Jun, a desciple came rushing to their compound with news that made all the great healers, Jiang clan leader and Lan Qingheng-Jun together with Lan Qiren gasp with their eyes as wide like they were about to pop out. There mouths kept hanging open and no one said a word, not even a whisper to name of the person who had just arrived uninvited as no one knew of her whereabouts. The desciple called him again to bring back his attention and all he did was nod, not a single word was said . The desciple went back running towards the gate but the that person had already entered and everyone quickly stood up, they all faced the entrance when the visitor entered the premises and stood infront of them together with a young maiden who looked to be Lan Furen's age with the most radiating and infectious smile that reached her eyes and she politely bowed her greeting.