CHAPTER 29

Lan Qingheng-Jun looking at the closed door and poured tea for himself, the coldness around his cheek never left him, he smiled while sipping his favourite tea for the last time. He smiled ashl he felt a presence near him the minute he felt the coldness on his cheek, he knew without a doubt that it was his wife. He stood up and went to his bed chamber and laid on the bed, his body was becoming weaker by the minute and he knew it was time. He closed his eyes as he felt the coldness envelope his entire body and he said " I'm on my way to you Lao Po". That was his last words.

Lan Furen had felt weak when she was busy preparing food for Lan Xichen and she held herself not to try and show any weakness around his son, she knew she was nearing her end. Her wounds from her back started to get very painful, so painful that it was difficult for her to even lift a spoon. She knew she had to send his son away so she called him into the kitchen " Xichen, help mother pack this food so you can go eat with your  father and brother. I prepared a lot and I'm afraid it will spoil by tomorrow, Wanji doesn't eat a lot but please make him eat more food so he could grow as strong as you son" Lan Xichen did exactly as his mother asked and when they finished packing he picked up the container which had all the food inside and said goodbye to his mother and went out the door.

He stood outside and didn't leave because he felt a strange feeling and he couldn't understand why, he was keeping it from his mother so she doesn't become worried and when he finally was out of the house he took a deep breath. Right when he was about to exhale, he heard a 'thud' sound in the house and followed by the dishes falling to the ground. He put the food down and quickly opened the door and went back inside the house only to find his mother trying to stand up from the ground. She fell as her knees gave way after Lan Xichen had supposedly left and she fell to the ground when the whip pain on her back because painful by a second. She tried to stand up when she felt hands holding her arms to help her stand up.

She looked up and it was her son, she thought he had left and that she could hide her condition not knowing that her Lan Xichen was also trying to hide his uneasiness from her. Lan Xichen helped her stand up and helped her to her room and when he was about to lay her down on her back he felt that her back was wet, he peeked at her back only to find blood all over and her clothes already stained. Lan Furen gasped and looked at her son blaming herself for becoming reckless, the last thing she wanted was to cause trauma to her son and now that he had seen what she didn't want him to see she panicked.

" Mother.." "hhmm" Lan Furen hummed her reply, " you have lost all your spiritual power that's why even your 9year old son can help you up with no difficulties. We know you were injured, Wanji and I know that you were punished mother you didn't have to hide it from us. " Lan Furen's eyes became blury and tears streamed down her face, she was smiling while crying and she answered " I'm sorry son, does Wanji know too? He's too young that's why I didn't want him to know but the reason why I didn't tell was that I couldn't leave you with all the pain and trauma from my passing. Listen son, my spiritual energy had been depleted for a very long time now and father kept mommy comfortable with his spiritual energy for all these years. I was living on borrowed time and I'm afraid nothing can be done now"

Lan Xichen's face became wet and he wiped his mother's tears with his thumbs and said "  father is leaving too right? It's okay mother I will take care of Wanji, I will be there for him after he finds out about your passing and I will comfort him and I will spoil bim, even when he grows up and finds his destined soulmate I will continue to support him. I will protect him with my all" after saying all that, Lan Xichen sat his mother down on her bed comfortably and went to get a wash bowl and a cloth,he went back and took out his mother's beautiful hanfu and placed it on the bed. He tore the back of the blood stained hanfu his mother was wearing and treated her wounds, he had out the quilt at her front to cover her body and gently helped her put on her beautiful hanfu which had elegant cloud partens that was only to be worn by the Lan Clan leader's wife after.

After he finished preparing his mother for her journey to the immortal realms, Lan Xichen took the bloodied hanfu and washed it and hanged it in her wash room. He came back and placed everything in order before he knelt down before his mother and bowed 90° degree respectfully for a minute and stood up. " Farewell mother" he was no longer crying, infact the thought that his mother will be with his father soon comforted him, he knew his mother would no be alone. Lan Furen smiled at his son, feeling so proud. She had thought that Lan Xichen was too young to understand and now she knew her sons were special, her older being too mature for his age  and the younger the one who was destined to bring peace to the mortal world.

Lan Xichen smiled back at her with loving and understanding, he turned around and opened the door and went to pick up the broken plates on the ground before leaving his mother's house after picking the food containers he left outside and walked out. He turned back and looked at the house while he was closing the gate and left to see his father and brother. When he got there he saw that his uncle was there holding his father and he knew why. Lan Zhan was walking towards the gate when he stopped after he saw his brother coming and he stopped. Lan Xichen didn't want Lan Zhan to find out about their mother yet so he out on the best known smile which was only reserved for his little Wanji, he walked towards him and said "  Wanji, let's go have dinner mother has prepared a lot. You can go see mother tomorrow morning.