CHAPTER 54

Wei Changze was busy comforting her son as he secretly cried so that his son doesn't notice him crying. When he looked in the other side to wipe his silent tears he was shocked to see his wife standing by the door,crying her heart out. She had covered her mouth with her palms as she muffled her cries so that her son doesn't hear her.

Wei Changze could do nothing but hold his sin tightly and look at his wife with comforting eyes, he wanted so much to hold her closer and tell both her and his son that everything was going to be ok. Just right then, Wei Changze made a decision, he had one unfinished business to take care of before he passed on to the immortal realm." Wei Ying...stop crying my son, tell father..is grandma awake? " Wei Changze asked his son who was now calming down and with his tiny hands wiping his face he nod yes to his father's question. " Good boy...so can grandma walk...I would like to do something and I need her help. Can you help as well?." Wei Ying nod again but before they could stand up Wei Ying thought about something.

" A'pa... grandma cannot walk anywhere now, she can walk but she has to stay in bed for today. Is that ok?" Wei Changze thought for a second and then smiled " no problem, I will wait till tomorrow, but I have to talk to her now. I think going into her room now is inappropriate for a'pa. And I want it to be a surprise for a'ma.." Wei Changze said as he whispered the last part. Wei Ying's eyeblit up and he looked exited as the thought of them doing something for his never complaining and ever loving mother was something he was looking forward to. Wei Ying stood up and held his father's hand in his tiny paws, he was to go towards the door when he saw his father looking at the direction of the door and he stopped as he tilted his head " a'pa...what are you thinking ?" Wei Changze was brought back from his heart tightening thoughts by his son's question as he remembered that his wife had already heard what their son said .

He quickly put a smile on his face and said " no, a'pa is just thinking of how to suprise a'ma. Nothing more." He didn't want to burden his son more that he was, so he his it very well. They walked into the house and Wei Ying let go of his father's hand and went into the old lady's bedroom and shut the door. He took a while inside and when he came out he saw his father hugging his mother as she laid her head on his chest, Wei Changze was rubbing silky dark hair as she hummed a little as a result of appreciating the comfort she was getting from the man she loved the most. Wei Ying stood there for a minute admiring their love and understanding for each other until something burning smelled in the kitchen. Changse sniffed the air still laying in his husband's chest and when she realised that she was burning food, she quickly let go of her distracting husband and rushed to the stove.

Seeing she was distracted, Wei Ying hurried his small feet and grabbed his father's hand and dragged him into the old lady's bedroom. Wei Changze's eyes shot out as he realised what his sin had made him do. It was considered disrespectful for a man to enter a woman's bedroom and Wei Changze thought his sin didn't know that as he continued to dragg him. He tried to stop him, but his son said " it's okay, I have asked permission, I know you're not supposed to but this is a special request since she cannot come outside and talk to you". He patted his head and smiled and thought of how lucky he was to have such a smart son that even he sometimes thinks his son is way older than him when coming to the laws of thoughts and correct reasoning. They went inside and Wei Changze sat down on a chair further away from the old lady as Wei Ying walked to her and placed his tiny hands on her hers.

She smiled and patted his head and slightly pinched her nose as he giggled cutely in response, then the old woman shifted her attention on the man sitting on the farend of her room on a chair and said, " Wei Changze, you an your family had helped me so much. I could have been dead by now if it wasn't for your son to intervene on my behalf. You see...I lost my husband a little over a year ago and I was so devastated since he was my main support. It has not been easy waking up and doing my daily chores without anyone helping me because I'm old, I can't even take care of myself. This morning when I woke up my body was in a lot of pain because I was busy ploughing my vegetable patch yesterday and I guess I pushed it too far and overworked myself.

I woke up to start fire on the stove so I could do some chores but after I finished with the fire my knees gave way, I fell hard with my head hitting the corner of the stove with my back and I guess I must have passed out. I was already in an unknown world when your son brought me back, I guess it wasn't time yet " she laughed softly while looking at Wei Ying with fondness in her eyes and spoke again while still looking at the adorable child who was looking at her syaright into her eyes and giving her hope to live on. " I heard you need my help to suprise your wife before you leave tomorrow, well...i am more than willing to help you and since it's a suprise...there's nothing this old lady doesn't know about what a woman wants. I've lived long enough to understand even though it took me long to understand myself, I really don't know why that old man chose to stay with me for all these years...huhuhu! Enough about me...so what can I do for you? The old woman said after a quite chuckle as she had a memory of her husband and her when they were still young.