CHAPTER 51

They reached the room which looked like a kitchen where the chimney smoke was coming out of and they saw their son, he looked at them with his eyes wide and looked back at the figure that was sitting on a chair holding his tiny hand tight and that made his parents panick and fear was visible in their eyes.

Wei Changze leaped forward to grab him and take him away from the stranger, he focused on taking Wei Ying's hand away from the one that was tightly holding him when he slightly touched the others hand. He shot his eyes at the stranger, he cringed and with a quavering voice he said" Wei Ying! Go back to a'ma! . He felt that the hand he unintentionally touched was cold, too cold for a living person, he was afraid of his son as he was still little to experience what he just saw, he was telling Wei Ying to go to his mother while still looking at the one infront of them.
"I..I am..not g.going to hurt him, how could I w..when he..he was the one who saved me?. Wei Changze was amazed at what the old woman who sat on a chair which looked like she was very ill and close to the brink of death. So he had to ask " w.what do ...you mean ..madam!" He was polite but spoke the words with great emphasis.

There was no response from the old woman and he looked at this wife who's eyes never left her precious son. Wei saw that his parents misunderstood their interactions so he clearified " a'pa...grandman wasn't doing anything to me, she is very sick and I was helping her sit on this chair. That's why she was holding me like that, please don't hurt her." Wei Ying looked very worried and his mother moved closer to them to look at the old woman very well. She was pale and frail and when Changse touched her hand, she realised that it was very cold then she panicked. She was very skilled in treating the sick and she knew too many medicines and illnesses since she was always helping Baoshan Sanren, so, she knew exactly what was going on with the old woman.

She gently held her hand and felt her pulse which made her panick as she asked his husband to look for certain herbs in the yard, because the yard was overgrown, she figured that it won't be too difficult to find them. Then she quickly asked Wei Ying to go to the old woman's room and prepare her a warm bath and fix her bed. While Wei Ying had gone she went by the stove that was emitting stove in the kitchen and placed and filled a pot with water and placed it on the hot stove. She went back and held the old woman's hand to make her stand up,they headed to her bedroom where she gently sat her on the bed and told her to wait for her before going back to the kitchen. She took a medium sized basin and poured the now hot water in the basin, took a cloth and went back to the bedroom.

Wei Changze came back later with several herbs on his hands and put them in the pot, poured water and let them boil on the hot stove. He called his wife's name from the kitchen and asked her to check on the medicine and that he was going out. He left after his wife answered him from the old woman's bedroom and went out. He had spotted something while he was searching for herbs in the yard, he saw a cut down tree from a distance outside the yard in the forest and he got curious how it fell. The cut down tree was moving towards the house and he could see that by the distance he was from it, when he looked at it he saw that it remained fallen right where it was, he shifted his eyes and searched again for the herbs and when he looked again it was getting closer.

He became very alert, he knew this kinds of tricks but he never used them since one could be easily spotted, so he made sure that the ones behind that fallen tree did not see that he noticed them and that's when he took the herbs inside and boiled them. He told his wife to monitor the boiling medicine and left, he took the other way around where he saw the fallen tree which was now moving closer to the house. He took out his sword from his back where he was hiddng it inside a long cape and slowly and silently unsheathed it, he got closer and he saw that there were actually 3fallen trees and behind them was 4men on each of it. He moved a few feet from them and when he saw that the distance was right he alerted them by dragging the tip of the sword across the gravel ground .

He wasn't a coward to sneak up on them, he wanted to give them a chance to unsheathed their swords so they could have a fair fight. He looked at the 12 men infront of him and a sinister smirk crept on his face. His face became cold in an instant and even with the smirk on his face, the combination of and friendly and bad made them swallow hard while sweat tingled their foreheads. Their hands which were tightly holding the swords trembled and the sound they made could only be described as being made by those who had seen ghosts for the first time in their lives. He started and said " who sent you!! " His voice was deep and cold an now their last restrain of fear eluded them as they slowly backed away.

The man infront of them made their whole bodies give out strange emotions of fear they never knew existed. It was not the first time they fought with this man and they were lucky to escape with their lives the first time, the memory was still erched in their minds. That was the first time they were sent to harm clan leader Jiang Fengmian when he had refused to marry madam Yu 12 years ago, even though he knew everything, he had decided to deal with them quietly without telling Jiang Fengmian about the danger that was to befall him or who had sent them. That was the reason why madam Yu never liked Wei Changze, he had successfully crashed every plan she had made to hurt his friend and cultivation brother. She had done that in order to force him to marry her and still he had kindly rejected her proposal, her proposal didnt work, her kindness didn't even shift his feelings, her seducing him had failed miserably and then she had resulted in hurting him to get closer to him in disguise of support. She had known that he wouldn't be able to say no as he would be injured or weak to refuse her.