CHAPTER 22

Lan Qingheng-Jun had his own secluded chambers ever since Lan Zhan was born reason being...he constantly went on night hunts, he barely spent time home, let alone sleep in sleep there because he feared that he would bring some kind of evil at home which would out his wife and son in danger. So he had built his own house which he lived in and slept in, he would come to the silent chambers every morning by 4:30am to check on his wife and son, even though she would be sleeping when he went there in the morning or again sleeping and evening because he would come later after 9pm. He also became busier because he would go to his mentor's house twice a week to guard the premises, even though his mentor refused telling him it's disrespectful for a clan leader to guard the premises and that it would bring attention to everyone in their clan but he argued that he needs to be there since he was responsible for it and that he would come later when everyone was asleep.

Of course Lan Furen knew everything, since they promised each other that they wouldn't keep secrets from each other since the calamities that they fell into when Lan Furen kept a secret about the resentment energy. Their goal was to protect Lan Zhan no matter what and when Lan Qingheng-Jun raised the matter of him building his own house, Lan Furen supported him 100% . It wasn't because they stopped loving each other, but because they had to protect the one who was very important to them and the mortal realm and...maybe the immortal realms too with their lives. Lan Qiren was given a task to take care of the clan duties while they did theirs. It was also discussed about what to do when Lan Qingheng-Jun was to loose his life due to his dangerous tasks so, Lan Qingheng-Jun suggested that Lan Qiren should take over the position of clan leader, and Lan Qiren refused saying he owes it to him for being as hardworking as he is to even risk his life all because of the prophecy.

He wanted to be part of it and since his brother was refusing to allow him to risk his life as he was doing, then it was best to work hard in taking over the duties and handing it to Lan Xichen when he comes of age to be a clan leader. That was his important duty and Lan Qingheng-Jun agreed to it. So when Lan Qingheng-Jun entered the room he saw that his wife was awake, in pain even though she refused to show it, but atleast she was awake. She tried to sit down and her husband helped her. He saw that she was crying and he wiped her tears using his thumbs, that made her to cry even more. She was reminded of the tiny hands that also did that act that morning and she cried for her baby, she missed him so much. She wanted to speak but she couldn't, it was like something was stuck on her throat and refusing to come out, she tried and tried but all she was able to do was cry even more.

Lan Qingheng-Jun was heartbroken to see his wife in that state, he thought she was crying because she was in pain and he held her placing her head on his shoulder, then placed his hand over the back of her head and held one of her hands with his other hand while she clutched his robe sleeve with her free hand and continued to cry. It was the most heart wrenching moment for Lan Qingheng-Jun to see his wife breaking apart like that infront of him and he had no idea of what he should do, he had never seen his wife cry like this, ever. And even when he heard her screams that morning, it was nothing compared to what he was hearing at that moment. He held her and didn't say a word, just constantly rubbing the back if her head to soothe her. She managed to unclog why has been preventing her to speak when she said while still crying " Laogong...h.he...he did that before th.they took me away. He w.wiped my t.. he...he wiped my tears wi.with his tiny thumbs " and she broke down again crying like she was never going to see him again.

For a strong man like Lan Qingheng-Jun who was admired by every clan in the mortal realm was very difficult to keep his emotions in check. No one knew about the struggles and and hardships he was facing, no one knew the pain he was going through,the pain that was slowly poisoning his heart and leaving most of his heart as dry as the autumn leaves. He was merely living just to protect his sons and wife from the chaos that was threatening their peace and happiness, his wife was also living her life for that sole reason, but it was unknown to him. And now that the danger was no longer in his door step but already stepped inside, he became helpless. He waited for his wife to finish crying because he knew she needed to, she had been keeping everything inside her heart, being strong her family but one simple act from her son was the most painful for her to see him go through what he went through that morning. To see his mother taken away from him not knowing what was going to happen to her was what Lan Furen was most worried about.

Lan Furen calmed down and told her husband what had happened in the morning, she was scared that her husband was going to scold her for what she had done. She knew that her husband respected and admired his mentor so much so that he took him as father to him, that must be the reason why elder Yezun sacrificed himself for his desciple's family to live happy because according to him, they knew no peace ever since their first son was born. Lan Qingheng-Jun looked at his eife, eyes full of adoration and said " Lao Po, I know you would never do anything like that without a reason, it was the evil that was inside him that is to blame not you." " But Lao gong, he asked me to end his life, that means he was in there, we could have saved him, I shouldn't have ended his life like that. I was taught by Zu Fu that to weaken the resentment energy you have to cut all the acupoints, I did that to protect my baby dui bu qi " she waited for his answer and when she looked back at him she saw his smile that had everything she needed, understanding, love, and adoration. That was all she needed to hear, instead she saw it in his eyes, she laid her head back on his shoulder and held his hand and smiled, feeling content.