CHAPTER 18

And then...just after entering, she saw someone she knew very well.

The 'visitor' may I say, was just coming out of Lan Zhan's bedroom and it looked like he was looking for something or someone, he was just about to enter their marital bedroom when Lan Furen called his name. It was his husband's mentor and what he was doing in their house was unknown, but Lan Furen was about to panick thinking that there might be some kind of emergency and he was there to tell her about it. She kept thinking about what could have happened until she saw his eyes, they were pale white and his facial features had changed into that of something else, like a creature and not a human being. She called on to him again and again to gain his attention but that only made things worse, with a hoarse voice that sounded like it was something that lives in the depth of the earth he asked " where is Lan Wanji?"

Lan Furen was very confused as to why he would want his son, and why was he so angry and what happened to his eyes? She thought to herself. So she wanted to understand what he wanted from her baby, she thought maybe someone had leaked the information that Baoshan Sanren had given them about Lan Zhan but who? She knew that the midwives would never reveal it as they were old just like her elders and they knew the rules very well so it couldn't be them, her thoughts the went to someone peeking or listening in on their conversations at that time, but she then again thought it was impossible since elder Baoshan Sanren had placed a silent talisman that was so powerful that it didn't need to be replaced and it would never wear out.

Baoshan Sanren had made it clear for this matter to be kept a secret for a good reason. There were ancient Myths or Folklores that the was a child who possessed a powerful golden core at the age of 4 and that child was born of a mortal and lived on the mortal realm. The child had healing powers and he could heal anything from humans, animals, plants and even the barren soul. That child was thought to be the Devine God who was sent by the Gods for a purpose as the evil was exterminating everything in its path, the child had been sent to bring everything in order for the mortal realms to flourish just as the Gods intended it to be. That child fought with that evil after setting a balance in the universe and he deals the evil in the depth of the cave in the faraway mountains and its depth was said to be too deep within the grounds that no human could reach. The child had made a key using all her powers and gave it to the elders of a certain village for safe keeping. After her mission was finished, she went into a cave and no one ever saw her again, not even her parents.

Because of what the child has done for them, the people from that village went into the cave just 2years after she disappeared into the cave and carved a rock into a humanoid statue of her older self. They carved her mouth to smile and her body in a dancing gesture as it was what she used to do when she was with them, making them happy with the blessings she gave them and always smiling and dancing wherever she was. People would go and and pray to her and also ask for blessings and offer gift, some were cookies she liked to eat, cloths of in the colour of the clothes she used to wear to just cleaning her cave to gain favours from her, the elders who were the keepers of the seal key would always go in the morning and evening to light candles and incense in the cave and and also pray ,thanking her for her blessings as their village was still flourishing and everyone was happy. Even the children were taught the dance she used to perform for them at the festival they made in her honour.

And now...here was Lan Furen thinking that if word came out, Cloud Rescessess would be in chaos of people coming in to ask for favours. Especially when they find out that the Lan Zhan had powers and he was born with them, things could get really bad for everyone as some clan's might even declare war that clan leader Lan Qingheng-Jun had a Devine God and he was keeping him from everyone because he wants all the favours to himself for the benefit of his clan. Others could even kidnapp Lan Zhan for the same reason. So...why was her husband's mentor doing in their chambers and he looked sick as she noticed. So she asked " elder, are you alright, is there anything I can do for you? " But instead of an answer, he got more angrier and Lan Furen was startled for a moment before she stepped aside slowly moving to sword handler in the room. She was about to grab her sword when the elder launched forward to where she was as he saw she was trying to fight, Lan Furen hadn't fully unsheathed her sword yet when the elder propelled forward in an inhumane order with his palm facing Lan Furen to land a powerful palm strike on her chest.

She was thrown back through the air and her back landed at the closed door and fell down again spitting blood with her sword thrown on the other side far from her. She didn't have enough energy left to fight because of excessive amount of spiritual energy she used to feed the resentment energy when she was pregnant, she was about to pass out when she heard a familiar voice at the door behind her. The voice called voice to her " mother...are you okay? Open the door" accompanied with tiny bangings at the door. Lan Furen's body froze as fear took over her entire body and she was thankful the was laying against the door or her Lan Zhan would have come in already to face with the elder who was about to kill her for an unknown reason. She tried to stand up but the pain was too great that she fell back down again, cold sweat took over her entire body on the thought that she cannot protect her baby from danger, but when she was about to try and stand up again , the elder came again...