CHAPTER 65

Wei Ying thought he must have heard wrong since it has never happened before he thought if it always was that way. If he always could communicate with his older self, then if so, why has he never heard it respond to his questions. He had so many questions and the only way to get the answers was to ask and see if it will respond "What did you say..?" " I said there was n-" "oh!... So you can talk to me? But why haven't said anything before ?" Wei Ying said after he cut in his spiritual voice. " I couldn't do it, even thought I've never tried to see if it was possible, there was no need to communicate with you because our a'ma and a'pa were always there to guide you and take care of you the whole time. So I don't know if I was able to talk to you all along."

" I-I..see, I get it now, but I can't follow them it might be dangerous. I can't take that risk, I will find my own way." Wei Ying said " you're right, things might get out of hand, besides ...they are drunk, it will be impossible to lie to them in they ask you some questions. But where will you go?" " I don't know but I don't mind sleeping on the streets or in the forest" Wei Ying had realised that following the men would lead to disaster since they were the ones who killed his parents and also because they were ordered to kill him as well. Wei Ying started walking towards the alley close to the Inn the men were getting drunk in. He saw that it led to the back of that Inn so, he went through the narrow opening and found a tight corner where there was only a trash bucket which was filled with trash food. The smell of the food was bad and he thought he couldn't survive till next morning, but he sat there and tried to avoid the smell .

He woke up in the middle of the night as he heard some strange noises around him. He tried to look around but he couldn't see anything since it was too dark. He began to get frightened when he felt something beside him, that something then became somethings as he felt a tug on the side of his robe. He gasped and tightly shut his eyes as he felt the warm breath on his cheek. He still didn't move, he the asked his spiritual self for help " please he me..., please..., please do something" he waited again to hear a reply but nothing. Then...he felt something lick his hands, then his face...he froze in fear as tears just streamed down his face non stop. Then...the movement around him stopped and he heard the intruders drag something and all he could smell was rotten vegetables and some things he didn't even know what it was. The smell was bad, really bad , but he waited for the intruders to go away before he stood up and ran out of the alley.

He walked out to the cold dark street hoping to find shelter for the remainder of the night, he felt cold so he folded his arms to keep warm. He walked a few feet and his stomach grumbled, he remembered that the last meal he had was yesterday morning which was his parents wedding feast. He looked around and saw that the Inns had long closed, he remembered that his father had given him silver before he separated from them and searched his robes to count it. He searched his inner robes and his sleeves but...the silver was not there, he tried to look around in the dim lantern lit street but the light from the lanterns were dimmed since everyone was sleeping. He took out a long breath which he wasn't aware he was holding in and plomed down near an empty stall, he tried to think where and when he might have lost it. Then he remembered, in the hollow tree where he was hiding, his robes were messy when he came out and that was the only place he could think of.

His stomach grumbled again and this time he could feel hunger taking out his energy little by little making him weak. This was because the little spiritual power he was given was taken away from him, he remembered that the old lady told him so and now...he was a mere mortal. He refused to put a blame, so he looked around to see if the nearby food stalls had some left over food that they forgot to pack and he found one. The stall was by the end of the main street and behind it was a tiny corner where the food seller placed extra food in case he runs out of it.

He saw some buns and dumplings on the ground and he felt disgusted, but his stomach was proving too stubborn for him to handle, he picked all of the food and sat down by the food storage corner and started eating. He tried to forget that the food he was eating was from the dirty street ground where many people and animal walk on everyday, it was trashed food. The dumplings were too slimmy and it gave a rotten like smell because of the condiments that were used for the dumpling fillings.

The smell made him sick in his stomach but he forced himself and ate quickly so he doesn't puke. He became full after eating 2 of 3 buns and 1 of 4 dumplings, his tiny stomach couldn't take more. He looked around and found a handkerchief which looked like it might have fallen from its owner during the day, it was dirty but he had told himself that it was time to swallow his pride and make use of what he was given. He wrapped the remaining food in that handkerchief and leaned his head on the wall and wrapped his hands around his knees with the handkerchief on his now folded lap by knees to the chest as sleep took over him.

He woke up at dawn as he heard a familiar sounds, his eyes were still closed and he felt too tired to wake up. After a few minutes he remembered the predicament he was in and just like that...his eyes shot open as he felt a warm breath on his face. He held his breath in trying not to exchange breaths with the one infront of him. Eyes bulging out like they were about to pop out and mind blank as a sheet. He gulped down heavily, his body shaking like an autumn leaf trying to find its way off the tree.