CHAPTER 28

The sword was awaiting it's master to sheathe it back in its scabbard and to finally give it a name according to its masters spiritual energy, but Lan Zhan was still very young to name it. Every clan had their sword naming ceremony and Lan clan held their too, the sword owner would go a few rounds with in combat and after its master's skills were presented, the master would then name the sword according to the communication between sword and master during the fight. The master would communicate it's sword by means of the spiritual energy in the sword and in the master, the swords had their own spirit and the sword's spirit had to connect with its master's to become one with each ither.

The master's body and spirit becomes one with his sword and never leave each other, the sword would seal itself if it's master doesn't use it for a long period of time. The sword's spirit would then feel lonely and unwanted if that was to happen and it would become lonely and sad thus never allowing anyone to use it forever. It also could have its master's temperament and even maneuver and avoid attacks and also land attacks protecting it's master. The master and his sword are one and can feel everything about each other even emotions, so if the it's master were to die and so will it, that is why it was important for the master to pass it on while they were still alive. Detatching it's spirit from its master's spiritual energy and await another worthy master according to its liking.
( No proofreading, I made it all up)

The sword had already finished connecting with its master's spiritual energy and was now ready to be sheathed and await for Lan Zhan to use it when he comes of age. He sheathed it and Lan Qingheng-Jun heard a 'clunk!!' sound coming from the sword to when it happily sealed itsefl, excited that it found a young master who was too powerful and it couldn't wait to come out and play with other swords. Lan Zhan stood up and holding the sword as it was already time to go meet his mother, his father stood up aswell and bent down to his level before ruffling his hair a bit and smiled. " I'm so proud of you son"

Those were Lan Qingheng-Jun's last words to his son and he never felt happier, he was happy he decided to give Lan Zhan his great grandfather's sword while he himself was still alive and he was thankful to see what he saw before passing . He walked to the door and opened it for Lan Zhan and stepped aside so he could go out, but when he was about to step out side the door a wave of dizziness fell on him and he stumbled a step back and held his robe sleeve tight that his veins were popping out of his skin. Sweating profusely while he wanted to push himself to send Lan Zhan off to his mother so he would come back with Lan Xichen.

He was about to fall when Lan Qiren suddenly appeared out of nowhere and quickly placed his hand on his back to supoort him from falling, Lan Qingheng-Jun raised his eyes to see his brother's understanding eyes on his and he gave Lan Qiren a light nod." Zhan my boy, daddy can't send you off now but uncle will...is that alright with you son? " Lan Zhan turned around and looked at his father as he asked. Lan Qingheng-Jun had already steadied himself to show no weakness in his son's eye before Lan Zhan turned around. He bowed his body 90° degrees to his father for the last time, Lan Qingheng-Jun and Lan Qiren looked at each other. They were shocked to learn that Lan Zhan knew of Lan Qingheng-Jun's passing even after they tried so hard to conseal this matter from them.

Lan Zhan stood up and was about to go out the yard and after taking a few steps they saw Lan Xichen opening the gate, Lan Qingheng-Jun looked at his brother and he stumbled two steps backwards when Lan Qiren took him back inside and sat him down. Lan Xichen held Lan Zhan's hand and turned him around to go in the hiuse, they got inside and and sat down. " Wanji you don't have to go see mom, she's sleeping now, she woke up early this morning baking and cooking food for us so she decided to sleep early. You can go see her tomorrow and I will come here and meet dad, I'm sorry Wanji I know you have been looking forward to seeing mom today. " Lan Xichen hugged his brother and Lan Zhan felt a change in Lan Xichen's body.

He held Lan Xichen's arm and squeezed it a little hard and Xichen broke the hug and looked in Lan Zhan's eyes, after a second or two Lan Xichen said " I'm sorry brother I didn't mean to strangle you" then he chuckled. He say down taking out the packed dishes his mother had given to him so they could all eat with their father and uncle. Lan Qingheng-Jun and Lan Qiren had already known what was going in, but to Lan Qingheng-Jun, it was confirmed by the strange dizziness he felt earlier.

He felt strange as he felt a little cold wind around him, he looked at everyone at the table to see if the feel the coldness but to no avail. He held his hand in the air a little so no one would see him and his palm suddenly felt chills that traveled to his face and finally stopping on his cheeks. He looked at his sons again and closed his eyes as he felt the coldness in his cheeks increase, the left side of his cheek lost the coldness and it remained on his right cheek and it was getting colder.

" Goodbye for now my soulmate, I will see you very soon...and don't forget our promise hhmm! I'm coming just wait for me. Look at this, our sons are in good hands. " The coldness never left his right cheek, while they ate and Lan Qiren left with the boys after bidding goodbye with a 90° degree bow as Lan Zhan had done earlier. Lan Qingheng-Jun kept looking and even after they closed the door,he kept on staring at the empty door feeling like he missed something.