CHAPTER 34

He felt helpless for a minute for not being to find his brother until...

He suddenly had a thought, to use his hidden powers. He didn't want anyone to find out that he had special powers to avoid suspicion, he was being bullied already and if anyone find out be has powers that no one has his brother and uncle would be in trouble. He knew there was someone or something watching his every move during classes since 'that someone's or 'something' didn't want to be found out it never followed him home because of Lan Qiren. He could feel the bad aura around him during classes and outside but had never felt it when he got home. That thing or person or maybe both might be waiting see if he was a threat or if he trully had special powers.

So...he closed his eyes and concerntrated on the ground, the trees and the air around him, he had to be smart about it or his cover might be blown. He concerntrated and listened to the vibrations from each element to feel any changes like movement, he picked up an aura further away from him and this aura was odd to him. It gave negative color as a result of an energy that was weak from emotions being all over the place. He saw that the aura was giving gray colors and very faint colors but there was no dark colors. So that meant the source of that energy was not evil but have mixed emotions which made the colors faint and the gray only meant the person was in pain either but not physical pain. He knew it has to be his brother so, be opened his eyes and went to the direction of the energy.

When he got the he looked around but found nothing, and kept looking while running his fingers and hands on the rocks and plants around him. He felt that he was very close to it,but still couldn't see him, he focused more with his eyes closed but those emotions were too great that he became affected to a point that tears fell from his eyes and his nose heated and he couldn't take it since it was something to to him, be had never felt those kinds of emotions before so it was hard for him to control them. He stopped using his powers and tried to find his brother himself, with his own capabilities and this time he was successful. He searched for him as Lan Zhan who was searching for his older brother and not as a child with powers, since he didn't understand what his powers were for.

He kept looking until he saw a crouched figure not very far from him, it was his 'ge ge' . He was relieved to have finally found him so he sat down infront of his brother and placed his tiny hand on his brother's shoulder while the other was removing hands that were covering his face. Lan Xichen looked up and saw his Wanji sitting right infront of him with tears in his eyes and he knew he had done it again. He panicked and grabbed Lan Zhan's both hands with one of his hands while the other was wiping the tears that had stained his cheeks. " Wanji, I'm sorry! brother couldn't protect you from uncle and the bullies that hurt you everyday. I promised mother I would protect you but I'm failing Wanji, I can't even see your micro expressions you made only for me before. Now I'm totally lost because I don't know how to help you ." Lan Xichen said in between his sobs, he was really in pain that he couldn't see Lan Zhan's expressions anymore.

What he didn't know was that Lan Zhan had purposely stopped showing or communicating with him with those expressions as he thought he would hurt his brother if he understood his emotions again. He also felt that he failed his brother and thus making it hard for him to protect him like he had promised his mother. So he had no choice but to use his powers again, he didn't care what the risks were but he couldn't bear to see his brother like that, he knew his brother as a strong person who was friendly and approachable. His brother had been doing everything to help him but he let his brother down. These were Lan Zhan's thoughts and he wanted to change that, he now has to be the one to help his brother so that his brother could stop worrying about him.

He looked at his brother and with his gentle voice he said " ge ge, please don't be scared with what I'm about to do, I will never hurt you...you know that right ge ge? " Lan Xichen winced in the thought of his Wanji hurting him, he knew without reason that his Wanji loved him so much that he would never even try as to even think about it. So...he held Lan Zhan's tiny hands and said " Wanji...brother trusts you with his whole life and you would never hurt me or anyone unless if necessary in the future, did get ge answer Wanji's question?" He finished with the most loving and calm smile that reached his eyes that even his teeth were showing, Lan Zhan had that effect on him. Lan Xichen was known to smile but he never even once showed his teeth to anyone except his Wanji.

Lan Zhan closed his eyes and took three deep breaths, he opened them again and stretched his pointy finger and middle finger together and a blue core energy appeared on those fingers, it looked like lightining as he advanced towards his brother and aimed his fingers on Lan Xichen's temple and the energy shot through his brain. He closed his eyes as he felt a little uncomfortable and Lan Zhan closed his eyes aswell, he continued for a minute and then stopped. He retracted his hand and opened his eyes waiting for his ge ge to open his eyes.