CHAPTER 58

Changse went of the old lady's bedroom and was about to go prepare food when she saw Wei Changze and Wei Ying come inside the house. Changze was looking so nervous all of a sudden and Changse wondered what was it that they were talking about when she came inside, this was so unlike him. She ignored them when she saw Wei Ying go inside that old lady's room while Changze was waiting by the door and later Wei Ying came out of the old lady's bedroom and dragged his father along to enter the bedroom with him.

She watched them dissapear in the bedroom and shook her head while she smiled and continued preparing food. When they came out she was already finished and sitting on the chair with all the food on the table. She was waiting for them to come and eat the last meal as a family. Wei Ying and his father were smiling from ear to ear and the atmosphere became joyful as they started eating while talking and laughing, it was perfect and that's when both Changse and Wei Changze accepted what was to come and they were thankful to have spend their last days with the chosen one who was their son. They were proud of the title their son held and they were also wished him success in his life journey with his soulmate.

The whole family washed the dishes after eating and they were still happier than they have ever been. Wei Changze was washing while Changse was drying and Wei Ying packing them in the cupboard, they finished and they decided to go and have rest since they had a long journey the next morning. Wei Changze and Changse went into the room they were to sleep in and Wei Ying went to the old lady's bedroom to bid her good night, he entered the room and he found that the old woman was sitting on her bed after taking a bath and she was waiting him since she realised that Changse and Wei Ying forgot to ask her one question and she knew Wei Ying was doing it on purpose . She knew he was delaying the question so she waited .

Wei Ying sat down on the chair after entering her chambers and she smiled at him politely as she tilted her head and Wei Ying smiled back as he started with the question that had been bugging him since morning. " How did you end up in this house and why were you hurt when we found you? " Wei Ying asked and he made sure that his question held weight as he purposely didn't address the old woman as 'grandma' she gasped softly and widened her eyes as she realised who she was talking to at that moment,not a 4years old Wei Ying but his older spiritual self. This Wei Ying was even older than the old woman herself, because they were eternaly chosen to keep the peace in the mortal world ,both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan had the ability to channel their spiritual selves if there was a need to. Lan Zhan had done it with his brother Lan Xichen and Wei Ying had done it with his parents before and he just called it a voice that takes over his whole body.

He had told his parents that he was not able to control it but in reality...he was always aware when channeling his spiritual self but he didn't want to scare his parents more than he already had, also he didn't want them to feel useless about their efforts for protecting him. His voice would change and his eyes would light bright red when he did that but his body still remained as a 4years old child, he had the ability and skills to make himself older when needed to but because his power core was missing it was impossible. So when the old woman saw that Wei Ying's spirit was way older than her age she told him everything. " I'm sorry I didn't mention that earlier, but the whole day was chaotic. I am here because I was sent here.

I took the disguise of an old woman and this house because I knew you would be able to sense my presence, I injured myself so that your family doesn't insist on leaving after you found me. The Gods had an important message to tell you and they wanted me to tell you face to face and not communicate with you via link, this was the only way they thought it was best because I have a connection with your mother because of her master who was my desciple. I already told her what I shouldn't have told her but if you insist on punishing me then it's okay, since I don't regret telling her the truth. " " What...? Did you tell them they were going to die tomorrow..? But why do that?" Wei Ying was hurt by all this but he had to deal with it since it had already happend.

" I saw how she was in pain for not being able to protect you from the one who was after you, she blamed herself for not clarifying it with that person before she ran away, she thought running away was the only way to protect you but she didn't know that person's blood boiled for revenge and to destroy you since they didn't know you were Wei Changze's child. I couldn't let that happen, she has suffered enough since she met her first love and bacause of your destiny she had to abandon her love to start and slowly love your father. You might not understand this since you're a man. It is extremely difficult to crush your own love for someone, I just wanted her to stop punishing herself for something she was not responsible for."

Wei Ying was intently looking at the old woman and when she realised that she looked down nervously as she realised that she had overstepped her required boundaries and was being a little disrespectful. She played with her fingers feeling nervous and feeling the heat rise up to her face as her eyes looked anywhere but to the one who was quietly observing her with his hands folded to his chest. Silence took over the room for a few minutes, Wei Ying was furious when he heard what the old woman was saying but then he realised that he cannot understand what the old woman was trying to do if he was to use his authority.

After a long sign he asked feeling calmer than he had already been " what is the Gods message for me" " Master...they wan-" " don't call me that! Think of me as a junior since my body is of a child, I would appreciate it if you call me by my name." Wei Ying said after cutting the old woman's words and he gestured for her to continue. " Wei Ying...I was sent her today because this is the last time the Gods will communicate with you as a warning for something that will happen, since you already knew about your parents death this is more about you than them. " The old woman's face showed worry and it seemed to Wei Ying that what she was about to say was harder for her to say she looked deep into his eyes and said
"You won't be able to...