CHAPTER 7

The flower changed shape and turned into a black mass that she couldn't even see her hand that was holding the flower.

She swayed her hand out of panick but nothing happened, she quickly stood up and swayed it again when quickly and unexpectedly the mass entered her body through her hand and felt it as it traveled through her body to her stomach.Her entire body jolted like electric currents traveling in her entire body in a very quick pase, her eyes rolled to the back of her head as her head tilted back when her body suddenly hovered levitating in the air about 4 feet from the ground.

When she woke up again, she found herself laying on her bed in the silent room, she became confused as she tried to remember what had actually happened to her, but unfortunately she had no knowledge of how she even went inside since the last thing she remembered was holding the flower which changed and something entering her body. Everything else was a blank to her, she got off the bed and went to the meditation room and sat down in a meditative posture and again and meditated. When she closed her eyes, she heard that shrieking female voice again but this time it made no sense what it was saying, she started using a technique taught to her by her grandfather.

She crossed her arms to her chest and clasped her hands to her chest breathing in 3 times and holding her breath for a minute, she had already mastered it when she was 13 years when she held her breath for 6 minutes while meditating in the water together with her grandfather and even held it further over the next years. Lan Furen was no ordinary woman, she had excellent qualities of a female cultivator which made her grandfather give him a stack of books about cultivation, herbal medicines, and even unlocking the immernse unlimited power of the golden core. She mastered each and everyone of them by heart with the help of the books, so when her grandfather left the immortal world, he did so feeling happy that she would take care of herself in the future.

This was the reason why her parents let her do anything she wanted to do and even going to the forest alone, they only discouraged her when the gossip and name calling started to arise from the villagers fearing that no one would want to marry a troublesome and wild girl like her. After holding her breath for a minute she started with her usual meditation and the voice was never heard again. She meditated for an hour and she slowly breathed out as she slowly woke up from meditation, until she opened her eyes.

When she opened her eyes it was already dark outside and the incense stick had already burned out, she looked around in fear of hearing that terrible voice again and when she didn't she stood up and went to take a bath before her husband came back from his  clan leader duties. After a whioe, Lan Qingheng-Jun cane back together with a desciple holding a tray of food and knocked before going inside and the desciple put the tray on the table and left. Lan Furen came out of her bedroom and joined her husband with a smile on her face and bowed her greeting to him before sitting down and enjoying their meal, almost...

Lan Furen felt something in her throat and she covered her hand over her mouth, stood and ran outside and vomited. Lan Qingheng-Jun was very worried so when she ran outside he followed her to the side of the house and his eyes almost poped out when she vomited what looked like a hot coal and fainted. Lan Qingheng-Jun was shocked as to what it was that he immediately rushed and knelt down before picking her up bridal style to her bed, after covering her with a blanket he hurried outside and went to take another look to see what that rock like coal was. He was shocked to find it covered with blood and black smokeu mass.

He knew he had never seen that kind of thing before  or hear anything of the sort, but for his wife he had to find a solution. So he went to the healer and a head of the cultivators who told him that rock had traces of bad, very bad energy while the doctor checked madam Lan who checked her while she was still passed out and congratulated Lan Qingheng-Jun telling him that madam Lan is almost 4 months pregnant. Lan Qingheng-Jun was very happy so happy that his family was getting extended but still the worry and fear crept in his skin through all the pores as he still wondered what that rock was.

After they left, he walked back inside and took the rock and put it in the spirit trapping pouch and took a quick look at his wife before going out of the silent room. He went to the underworld chamber which was situated further from the clan and went inside, he took out a talisman from one of the shelves which held vases which were different from any other and also swords that belonged to the Lan desciples who lost their lives during night hunts for purification. In the middle of the room there was a big bell which hovered in the air about 2 feet from the ground, he wrote incantations on the talisman and placed it under the bell,the talisman hovered as he put the rock on top of it. The paper talisman held the rock as it hovered under the bell and the bell immediately gave a ' ding' sound as it registered the presence of something evil.

Lan Qingheng-Jun kept watching as the bell rang once again, then again until it finished with 3 ' ding'  sound making a 'ding...ding...ding...'  then it stopped, making Lan Qingheng-Jun gasp almost choking on air.