CHAPTER 40

Changse was scared but not for herself, she was scared for her child and Wei Changze's lives. She was a brave woman and she knew that even if it meant she had to fight she would but at this time her baby was much more important than her ego. Now she had to come up with a plan to talk to Jiang Fengmian. She rushed back to her chamber after giving the desciple a message to deliver to Jiang Fengmian. She waited in her room as she paced back and forth bitting her fingernail, a soft knock sounded at the door and she hurriedly went to open the door. She found Jiang Fengmian waiting at the door and she knew it would not look good if she brought her into her chambers and she also couldn't be seen with him outside because madam Yu would cause a scene infront of the desciples. So she took the risk as she stepped aside while holding the door, gesturing for clan Leader Jiang to come inside.

He wanted to object but when he took a look at her he saw that she had all kinds of emotions that were showing on her face, so...he entered . " Lady Changse, what is it? You look worried and scared... what's wrong?" " Clan leader Jiang, I will be leaving your clan tomorrow morning, I'm so sorry for causing you trouble. I never thought I was this selfish, you're usy helping me keep a secret and I put your marriage in danger. I...i..I really am sorry." (sobs) " Lady Changse I do not understand what you're talking about and I assure you that I've told no one about your pregnancy, so don't be worried and don't cry okay...it is not good for the baby" Changse kept crying and by this time she was really missing her master Baoshan Sanren, if she were here,she would know what to do. Changse thought of something and wiped her tears and said " thank you clan leader Jiang, thank you for all you've done for us" then she smiled and Jiang Fengmian assured her that she was safe and that she should take some rest before he went out the room.

A few maidens were busy with their chores nearby and when they saw their clan leader exiting a room of a maiden they were shocked. They gossiped among themselves and the news traveled until it reached the ears of Madam Yu, she was fuming when she heard the news and she wanted no time but went to his husband's throne room to confront him. Jiang Fengmian was busy discussing some plans with the elders when Madam Yu barged in with a gust of wind blowing papers everywhere as she entered and rudely told the elders to get out. The doors were still open and they wasted no time to leave while closing the door behind them. " Fengmian..! What is your relationship with that cheap maiden Wei Changze brought here, tell me! So you brought your pregnant mistress to my home and you even lowly sneak to her room at night behind her back!! How dare you!!!"

Madam Yu was furious and Jiang Fengmian stood up angrily " What nonsense are you talking about, do you realise where you are right now? Why didn't you wait for me to come back instead of spouting this kind of nonsense in the sacred room. And what mistress are you talking about..huh...are you out of your mind Ziyuan?!" Jiang Fengmian was fuming by this time but Madam Yu wasn't even fazed by his outburst, she wanted answers and she wanted answers now, but her husband stood his ground to the Madan Yu as her Zidian,her silver ring with a purple crystal sparks on her index finger that sparked like a lightning was about to strike. Jiang Fengmian looked at her and at the ring in her index finger which by this time was sending tiny purple flares with her hand tightened into a fist. Jiang Fengmian looked at their face again and he saw that she showed no sign of regret for threatening him with her weapon, he put the papers he was holding in the table and left the throne room while Madam Yu was shouting for him to get back.

He went to his chambers and sat down, took deep breaths and then meditated to keep his pain and most importantly anger in check. On the other side, Changse opened the door and peeked side ways before exiting. She was in a hurry that even when she heard the maidens gossip about her she passed like she they weren't talking about her. They were saying hurtful things about her but she was busy at the moment...busy escaping Lotus Cove with only a pouch that her master gave her and the fabric she was meant to sew a robe for her unborn baby just like how her master wanted. By the time Wei Changze came back from running errands,he searched for her everywhere and as he was passing by some maidens he heard them talk about Changse being pregnant with their clan leader's child. He turned back and told them to watch their mouths and they did as they saw that he was already in a bad mood. He turned and went to Jiang Fengmian's chamber and he knocked and was told to come in, after locking the door and stood up with his back straightened and her palms placed on the front and said "master Jiang, I'm sorry to disturb you but the maidens were gossiping about you and Changse now being aaah...I'm sorry...-" he was cut off by Jiang Fengmian saying " ...so what do you think about it"

" I'm sorry master but I went to Lady Changze's room but no one was there, and it looked like her belongings are also not in the house. " Wei Changze was panicking and Jiang Fengmian asks him again. " What do you think about this matter that you heard people talking about?" " I'm sorry master if I sounded like I was questioning you. I know you would never do such a despicable thing" Jiang Fengmian was relieved that atleast his brother understands him more than his wife. Jiang Fengmian was restless since Changse was missing, he had already sent the desciples to go everywhere and look but she was really gone. So he thought of doing the what he wasn't supposed to do, but with the urgency of the matter.. he had to.