CHAPTER 37

Lan Xichen didn't want to leak Lan Zhan's private because to him, what happened last night was really private and even though he felt it a little, it was not his decision to tell.

7years ago when Baoshan Sanren was sent by the Gods to save Lan Zhan, she had came with her desciple Changze Sanren. They left the following day as she had done all that was needed to be done by her, her desciple had left feeling sad about what had happened between her and Lan Qiren. She thought she wouldbseebim before they left but that didn't happen as Lan Qiren was in him chambers and didn't want to come out because he was embarrassed by how he looked. His beard was completely burnt and he had thought seeing her like that would make her reject his proposal. Changze Sanren had liked Lan Qiren even though her problem was the Lan Clan rules, but she was interested in him.

Along their journey Baoshan Sanren saw how Changze was sad and she knew it was because of something that happened last night. She had seen her desciple cry for the first time and even though she didn't ask questions she knew it was because of love. She knew she liked they liked each other but what happened last night must have hurt her so much. She didn't want to interfere so she let it go,but seeing Changze that way broke her heart so she asked while sitting comfortably and sipping tea " did you really like him?" "Huh! Who? " She answered with a question even though she knew very well who she was talking about. She had thought that her master didn not see their interactions while they were at Cloud Rescessess that night, but she knew her master knew everything in the mortal realms and even knew things about the immortal realms that no mortal could ever know.

" Child...you know you can't deceive me, I have seen how you two were looking at each other and I also know that something must have happened that night when you cried for the first time" Changze saw that there was no use hiding it so she bent her head and didn't answer, she was sad but she didn't know how to talk to her mslaster about these kind of matters. She kept quiet and Baoshan Sanren saw that she was still not willing to talk, so she just let her be. In the net couple of days Baoshan Sanren saw how Changze had changed and even though she was laughing and smiling, something was still missing in her smile. Her spark was gone, and she knew nothing would bring it back but only time could. So Changze would tease his desciple brother Xiao Xinchen and at that time it was the only thing that made her laugh so he didn't mind her teasing.

One morning, Changse woke up feeling empty and felt as if her life had no meaning, she tried countless times to forget what she had been feeling for a year now. She had still not forgotten about the man who made her heart jump out of her chest, so she decided to go and wonder around the mortal world so she could forget about him. She had thought to herself that no man could ever make her feel what she had felt, so when several men came for her hand in marriage she refused. She would come up with excuses like " I'm not ready yet, I can't leave my martial brother alone , I need to take care of my master" and so forth but Baoshan Sanren knew why.

She went to her master's chambers and knocked on the door and when she heard her welcome her in she entered and with her head hanging and eyes on the floor she said " master... I..I need to go, I want to go out there and explore the mortal would. I cannot stop thinking about him and I know I need to forget him, but I cannot do that here. Please master...let me chase my own happiness " Baoshan Sanren kept silent and as she smiled, she knew this day would come so she had already prepared herself to go and visit the immortal world herself. Her desciple was leaving and she had already made plans to go before she even thought of going. Changse lifted her head and looked at her master and was surprised when she saw her smiling, she had thought she would refuse to let her go but to her suprise she was willing to let her go.

" Master you..." Changse said and didn't finish her sentence as she finally realised that her master was expecting her to leave as she saw her master pointing at a pouch which was on top of the stacked cloth on the table, she was hassitant to pick it up at first but her master insisted. She looked at the cloth and wondered why her master bought such a long cloth for her as it was expensive. It looked like it was not made with a cheap fabric. She looked carefully and thight while she ran her hand on the soft fabric and the brightest smile appeared, she jumped to her master's side and said " master, why did you give me this cloth? It s beautiful but why is it not a hanfu, I don't know how to sew" " child ...you have plenty of time to learn, I want you to sew a robe for your first child so that he or she would look decent and well mannered when he goes out and meet people.

Changse, be happy my child and don't think about the past, just enjoy learning different thing along the way and always take care of yourself ok ..." By the time Baoshan Sanren finished her speech Changse was already hugging her tight while crying. Baoshan Sanren placed a hand on her head and gently stroked her soft beautiful hair. She didn't want to say goodbye to her so she took the cloth and the pouch without looking in it and ran. She ran until she felt that her tears were finished, when she finally stopped and looked around she saw that she was in the busy street of an unknown city. She liked around and still with the sadness of leaving her master behind she started to silently cry, she liked around for an inn so that she could book a room since she was tired. She saw a sign of an inn and went in, when she asked about a room the innkeeper said that the in was fully booked since so many people came to the city for a festival.

She was so disappointed, she had ran all the way and she felt tired and hungry and she so much wanted to freshen up and sleep. The innkeeper told her that all the inns in town were now fully booked. She turned around and started walking outside when a man stopped her, he liked like a cultivator and his way of dressing was neat and perfect. She looked at him after turning back to him and he said " beautiful lady, you can take my room, it's so late for you to be outside this time and since you can't find a room anywhere why not take mine ?". "I cannot take your room if I do where will you sleep?" " Don't worry about me, you're the most important right now. So.. how about we sit down and have dinner so you could tell me about your journey "