CHAPTER 36

Lan Xichen saw something, something that made him gasp loudly as he covered his mouth with both hands so that his uncle couldn't hear. He was in shock!

He saw Lan Zhan's changing color, his eyes turned red and they were glowing. Lan Zhan felt the change in his body but he had no control over it, it was like a complete person was inside Lan Zhan because of the aura he had around him. It was a bad aura but it had food intentions and even Lan Xichen felt that, he had seen the red light when Lan Zhan was born and he saw how and where it was. He understood that it was a part of him and he needed to find its rightful owner, his soulmate. Lan Xichen knew everything about Lan Zhan except what Lan Zhan didn't want him to know, yet, he was still young and even though he understood that he was special be didn't know what was the reason for his powers. He was yet to learn about them.

Their mother and father had seen some of Lan Zhan's capabilities and they told him to never display them infront of other for his safety, so when Lan Zhan would discover a new power he kept it to himself with the warning of what his parents had said. He was yet to learn more about them and how to use them. Lan Xichen saw how his brother stood there as if he was not aware of the changes around him, he wasn't scared but rather shocked. He slowly went to his little brother who was standing with his back leaned at the door and slowly raised his hand to shake him to make sure he was ok. He didn't know how the red energy felt inside his body if he was affected by it, he gently shook his shoulder and called his name repeatedly. He became calm and his voice became calmer because when he touched Lan Zhan's shoulder he felt something.

What he didn't know was that Lan Zhan was sucked into a different time zone and space where he felt really happy and loved, he felt how strong he was in that time. He saw himself fighting countless wars with his soulmate hand in hand. He saw the back of his soulmate and could'nt see their face, his soulmate was there right next to him and to him it felt like they had just finished fighting in a war but their fight was different. He saw how they only injured the people they were fighting and not killing them, he saw how they helped their families after they have injured their husbands, wives and even their sons and daughters. He saw that he was standing with his soulmate near the lake and his soulmate held his hand and complemented the lake and said " Yungmeng sure is beautiful" then he heard a giggle. But the voice was sweet he felt the person's happiness and contentment within the voice. Then his soulmate tightened the hold in his hand and he felt the greatest love he never knew existed at that time, he knew he was loved by this person and he also possessively love him. He was brought back from his future by his brother shaking him.

Lan Xichen felt that the energy was not a threat to either him or Lan Zhan, he felt the love Lan Zhan had at that moment, but this love was completely different. It was the immernse love for the one he was destined to be with, but that was not all, he felt that it was a shared love which meant two individuals love inside one person. What he felt he couldn't understand, but he concluded that the one who the red energy belonged to, really loved Lan Zhan aswell and that was enough for him, to know but never to understand. He calmly called him again and right there in an instant, Lan Zhan's eyes became normal with his almond eyes with the red colour slowly dissapearing within his pupils.

Lan Zhan looked at his brother and said " ge ge...I saw the one I'm supposed to meet! I found the one I belong to, my soulmate and my cultivation partner. I saw us ge ge, we were together and fighting side by side!" He was so excited that even Lan Xichen was amused by his smile which showed his teeth. Lan Xichen smiled back and said " I'm so happy for you Wanji, but do you know where that person is right now?" " Yes ge ge...in Yungmeng " " did you see the face ? " " No only the back" " don't worry Wanji, you will soon meet, I can feel it. Maybe this trip will be good for both of you" Lan Xichen smiled and ruffled Lan Zhan's hair a little which Lan Zhan liked, he always felt safe and love when his brother does that to him.

So they finished packing the things they will need for their trip and went to bed. Lan Zhan snuggled by his brother and that shocked Lan Xichen, his brother doesn't like to be treated like a child, he was an exception but with limits. So when he snuggled himself toward him he knew it was once in a lifetime moment and he had to embrace with love. He ran turned to face Lan Zhan and placed his hand on his back while gently moving it up and down in a soothing and comforting manner, he kissed the top of his head and Lan Zhan allowed him. He knew Lan Zhan was happy with what he saw and his once in a lifetime actions are because of that, he had to savour that moment till it ends. Lan Zhan fell asleep with a rare smile on his face and so did Lan Xichen.

They woke up early in the morning as usual and they went to have tea with their uncle after freshening up and they started on their journey. Lan Qiren saw that Lan Zhan was different and he thought maybe it was because he was leaving Cloud Rescessess for the first time since he was born. He thought it was normal for kids to get excited when going on trips so he didn't ask questions. You see..Lan Xichen didn't tell his uncle was had happened last night because he felt it was a blessing to see what he saw and that maybe the Gods really intended him to help Lan Zhan to smoothen the journey for him and his soulmate. He didn't want to leak Lan Zhan's private moments because to him, what happened last night was really private and even though he felt it a little, it was not his decision to tell.