CHAPTER 52

The atmosphere remained static and the only sound that could heard was the wind blowing its way between mountains and down the plains, passing through the trees while gently and swiftly tingling their leaves and swaying them from left to right. Their surroundings changed as the wind spoke to the leaves and the men's long ponytailed hair moving to every direction. No one spoke, just the sharp eyes which intently looked at each other while one pair of eye was emitting a deadly aura while others were just pleading for the lives of those they held sight for. None of the men moved, they kept looking at each other while communicating with eyes on what they should do next.

The 12 men didn't want their fate to end just like that or end the way it did before, not being able to provide for their families was something they weren't ready for. Then one man took a very deep breath and his shaky voice was enough to make Wei Changze think about their situation. " Wei Changze...pl..please l.let let us..go we promise never to come for your family a.. again " he said and waited for Wei Changze's reply while his gaze fell on the ground, while his sweating fingers unwrapped and wrapped themselves around the hilt of the sword. He simply looked at them with uninterest, he wanted to let them go and give them just a painful warning, but he knew even if he did that they would come for them again sooner or later. He didn't want that.

He simply looked at each and everyone of them, he saw that all their faces showed fear but one of them had an expression which was hard for him to decipher. He looked away from them and what he knew would happen did happen, the man who had sight that even he himself couldn't read launched forward with his sword pointing at him as he screamed to give himself courage to continue with his deadly move. Wei Changze turned to look at him and a smile played on his mouth, it was some kind of a sinister smile and the man regretted his foolish plan as he saw that the man he wanted to kill was standing still and waiting for him. It was too late to turn back his decision as he felt something cold piercing through his ribs and into his heart, he looked at Wei Changze who was now looking at him with eyes saying ' foolish', looked at his chest where the sword pierced and dropped his sword.

Wei Changze pulled back his sword from the man's body and looked at the men while the man infront of him fell with blood quickly flowing on his purple robes,the men let out heavy sighs as fright overtook their their whole bodies, they watched as one of the fall to the ground and with a pool of his own blood around him and they knew he messed up even for them. They didn't want to fight Wei Changze as they knew they would never win against him and now that the chess pieces had already been laid, they had no other choice but to join their friend and accepted their fate as they all launched forward running towards a man who was patiently waiting for them. He was quite and quick as his sword whined and twirled while cutting through the thick wind as he swayed it upwards while adjusting his body to gain an accurate momentum.

No clashing sound was heard from the sword coming into contact as he cut through each of their bodies. His mind was on his was on his wife and son, he dared not to think of what could have happened if his son never stopped them from going ahead with their journey. He became merciless as he sliced through them making multiple cut on there bodies and lastly impaling their hearts as they stood frozen with thier hands still holding the swords. He returned around and they all fell on the ground at the same time as he took out a handkerchief from his robe sleeve and wiped their blood on his sharp slim sword. He didn't want to see them falling bacause he wasn't intending on killing all of them. He wanted to injured them in a way that his message became clear and simple to their sender, he wasn't counting in their stupidity to try and kill him before that.

He turned around and sheathed his sword and put it back to inside his cape and, he thought for a second on what to do next when he finally decided to hide their bodies far tlfrom the house. He didn't want the old lady to be bothered by those who would come looking for them and he also didn't want this son to see those kinds of violence and cruelty so...he dragged their bodies and placed them on the cut trees and dragged them to the other side of the forest. It took about an hour to reach the perfect place to place their bodies and he had to travel 3times while dragging 4men in each fallen tree. By the time he came back, it was already night time, he adjusted his robes and knocked on the door before coming in. He found his wife making dinner and he smiled at her as she gave him a quick look and looked back to focus on her cooking. He asked for his son as he was not in the kitchen and his wife told him he was in the bedroom with the old lady.

He called Wei Ying out and took a lantern which hanged on the wall in the kitchen and lit it before going outside accompanied by Wei Ying, he sat on the chair and gestured Wei Ying to come sit in his lap. A smile played on Wei Ying's mouth as he came and sat on his father's lap, he looked at this father and he sensed something that wasn't there before. There was a smell he was no familiar with coming from his father and his smile dissapeared and was replaced by a sad face which Wei Changze immediately knew the cause of it. He also felt that his son was a little weak and he got sturtled and gazed into his eyes, something was different with Wei Ying and he didn't know what it was.