CHAPTER 20

That evening after one of the elders was injured and the desciple came to inform his that something bad had happened in the underworld chamber, his first thought was the ' hot coal ' he placed in there a few months ago. And when he got there he saw that the elder was indeed injured but not by the resentment energy he placed there but because of the evil energy they sealed a few years back. The elders were taking off the old sealing talisman and replace it with a stronger one but they missed by one second in replacing it and the result of leaving it unsealed for a second made it want to escape, the elder tried to stop it from moving as it could awaken or break the other sealed objects which made it strike back before he successfully trapping it. Luckily the elder wasn't seriously injured and he was taken to his chanmers for the clan healer to treat him, when Lan Qingheng-Jun came in he was still awake and that's when he told them about the ' hot coal' he found.

On the night Lan Furen was giving birth to Lan Zhan,the resentment energy in Lan Furen's body was so mad that it's power source which was the ' hot coal' awakened. That was the reason why it wasn't fully succeeding into possessing Lan Zhan and kept on feeding on Lan Furen's spiritual energy, because it's power source was vomited out by Lan Furen and was sealed. And when it escaped it went to search for its power source which was in the underworld chamber, since it was powerful, the power source shook and kept on shaking as if giving directions to the resentment energy to where it was until it reached there. The resentment energy waited by the door for it power source because it was too weak to enter because of the seals that were placed in the chamber, so it kept on calling it's power which became a slow process for it whilst giving the elder time to call Lan Qingheng-Jun to attend the matter.

Unfortunately Lan Qingheng-Jun was called to Lan Furen's birth chamber by Baoshan Sanren and they were busy trying to find help for Lan Furen who was unconscious due to the rage of the resentment energy before it fled, making Lan Qingheng-Jun unavailable to assist the elder in the matter at hand. Since the elder didn't want to endanger anyone else, he went back to deal with the resentment energy himself and found that the it's power source and the resentment energy were already merged which resulted in the resentment energy possessing his body. Everyone was in their respective chambers by that times and the underworld chamber had its silent charm which was cultivated by the elders due to some of the evil energy making screaming noises which terrified the children in Cloud Rescessess. After successfully possessing the elder it tried to control him by taking him back to Lan Furen's birth chamber but the elder fought it ran only to plunge himself into the cold springs to accelerate his heart rate and keeping his mind in check.

That only happened because the resentment energy was in a rush after it possessed the elder because it was so obsessed with possessing Lan Zhan while he was still a newborn that it didn't take the elders entire body and senses, he managed to keep it fighting it until that fateful morning when he was about to meditate. It was quite for the whole week and stopped trying to take him to Lan Zhan while it gathered it's powers which made the elder to think that meditation was the best to keep it trapped in him. But before he could close his eyes it fought him with his body, he had been controlling it for 4years and now it's power was to its full capacity. Taking control of every senses,mind, spirit and damaging his soul for it to fully reside in the elder's body. And now here they were,in Lan Furen's chamber face to face with the monster himself, Lan Furen finally figured out what it was that possessed the elder and without a second thought she plunged her sword into his chest piercing his heart from his back, finally landing a few strikes on his joints and finishing with a slash on his throat which made his body topple down.

Lan Zhan was listening from outside the door this whole time while he kept on calling for his mother until the young desciples heard him and rushed into the yard, they opened the door only to find Lan Furen with a sword on her hand dripping blood, her hanfu filled with blood that is her white cloud patterned hanfu was red and the entire room filled with blood, the walls had splashes of blood and every furniture in the room had blood stains. They were shocked and they quickly ran towards the library to inform Lan Qiren who was busy taking notes for his teachings in a few minutes. When they left Lan Furen's chanbers, they left the door open and Lan Zhan came in and went to his mother. She thought her baby would be disgusted to even enter the room but indeed he was ' different'. He stood infront on her which she bend down to his level and kneel infront of him, he placed his tiny hand on his mother's cheek and for the first time, he smiled at her. She was so happy seeing that that she cried, she kept on crying but didn't hug him in fear of staining his white tiny robes. But because blood was everywhere on the ground, it stained the seam of his robes at the bottom and he saw that.

He took out the small dagger his father had given him when he was 3years old, reason being that he wanted Lan Zhan to get used to holding a sword when he comes in age of cultivation. In a blink of an eye, he cut the bottom seam that was stained with blood and it fell to the ground and with lightning speed sheathed his dagger and put it back in his robe sleeve. The only sound that was heard was " huh " which came from Lan Furen who was shocked by what has happened. She was the only one to realise that Lan Zhan was a cut sleeve with the result being his 'soulmate' was a man, and the she smiled, a smile filled with love and adoration that a lone tear fell to her cheeks only for Lan Zhan to wipe it using his tiny thumb and smiled back at her. The desciples can to take Lan Furen away to be punished and she saw that and told Lan Zhan to not be afraid and for him to go and wait in his brother's chambers for him to come back from classes. He understood and nod his response and when they took her away he went to wait for Lan Xichen in Lan Qiren's residence where Lan Xichen was staying.

Lan Qiren dismissed his class and quickly told Lan Xichen to go home and he did, Lan Xichen wondered what was going on but curiosity wasn't his things so he went home. When he opened his chambers he found his little brother waiting for him stiiting in his bed and his face lit up when he saw Lan Zhan. He knew something was wrong but he couldn't ask his brother about it so he hugged him and took out his toys to play with him, but when he heard screams he told Lan Zhan that he wanted to play him his soul calming music he was learning over the years and he should tell him if it's right. Of course he wanted to distract Lan Zhan and even Lan Zhan knew that but he went along and listened. Their mother's screams were covered with Lan Xichen's beautiful melody he played with his Liebieng until midnight.

END OF FLASHBACK