CHAPTER 68

Wei Ying thought to himself that no one deserves to live in the streets while they had a family, even if they didn't have any family they atleast deserve a chance to be treated as a mortal by other mortals. He watched as she stood up and turned away without even looking back, walking back to her sleeping spot. With her sore feet, she walked slowly and for Wei Ying...what was done to the old woman was unjust and he got curious about who did that to her and why. He kept looking at the old woman until her presence became a memory. He tried to turn and fix his sleeping posture but he couldn't because of the pain which brought back bad memories of the dogs responsible. He tried again to sleep while thinking about how he was over confident about sending the old lady home,he was thinking of how in heavens was he going to take her home when he didn't have any means to survive the streets, sleep took over him as his mind was tired from the days activities.

He woke up a few hours later as the noise became too loud for him to ignore, he rubbed his eyes and looked around. He tried to stand up but he couldn't, he touched his messy long black pony tailed hair to fix it and to tightly tie his red ribbon, hlbut his hair for more messier. He sat there as his whole body refused to move, the bite wounds on his thigh was the most painful and no matter how he tried he just couldn't ignore the pain and move his body to stand up. He gave up after several tries, his robes stuck to the open bite wounds and his face had scratches and blood stains and he couldn't even stand up to go wash up. He decided to just sit there until the pain got better to go look for the old woman, he watched as people walk by and even though they saw him, no one asked if he was ok. By now he had gotten used to it and nothing was surprising anymore, but as he was lost in thoughts he suddenly remembered something.

He remembered what the day was, the day he was so exited for and looked forward to since he remembered a week ago, a smile plastered itself as the heart took charge of his mind and he realised that he waited so long for that day. The day that would took him a step closer to his destiny, his birthday. Yes...it was Wei Ying's birthday and even though he had no knowledge of when or where he would meet his soulmate, he only knew that his birthdays took him a step closer to them. He saw the dogs coming his way and his breath hitched, he knew the outcomes of things would end up, they would fight him and bite him again and again. He became scared and he knew no one would chase the dogs away if they were to bite him. If they did bite him, he wouldn't survive the injuries, he was bitten too many times and in the same unhealed previous bite wounds that his body did not get time and rest to heal. So...he held his brwath, keeping his fingers crossed for the dogs to pass him an not trouble him on his special day.

The dogs walked to him and surrounded him and growled, showing their teeth as their drool hanged on their mouths, they advanced to him and he sat still, they pulled his robes sleeve and he didn't dare to move a muscle. They sniffed him while pulling his robes and tearing them apart his favourite robes. He let out a scream as one of the dog's teeth scraped his still open and infected wound, the dog licked it teeth and scraped his wound again and the pain Wei Ying felt was unbearable and he screamed louder as the dog licked his wounds. It was like the dog communicated with other dogs as they all started sniffing his wounds and licking them while he screamed his heart out, crying for help to anyone who was passing by, it was like they were possessed or as if Wei Ying's blood tasted good because the kept licking the wounds non stop and only rested to lick their teeth and continued again.

He felt something in his heart give up as he felt like there was no one willing to help, he gave up on humanity, on surviving as the dogs dragged him from the side of the street where he slept to the open streets when other dogs ran towards him, when he took a glance at them and he saw there were more than fifteen dogs surrounding him. His cries and screams were heard by everyone and no matter how painful and heartbreaking they were...people around him still took one look at him and let the dogs do what they wanted and even if they were to eat him till not even a bone was visible no body would care. He had already lost hope of surving the attack this time and with that, he gave up on himself, he stopped crying and even though his body was in an unbearable pain, he let the dogs lick and nibble his wounds as he closed his eyes and said "a'ma...a'pa...I'm tired of living like this-* sobs* I want to come meet you now-*sniff* I can't do this anymore, I tried and even though my body is still that of a small child I failed miserably to control my emotions, please pray to the Gods on my behalf to allow me to come stay with you even if it's just for a little while...it's more than enough for me. " He sobbed and sniffed and even though he tried to muffle his cries the thought of his parents made it impossible to hold it in. He cried , not loud and not because he was being attacked...but because he had failed and given up on an important task which was assigned to him. He was about to close his eyes to welcome his death when he saw the dogs scatter and run away from him, he couldn't move his body, so he laid still and sobbed and there it was, he heard a sound that made his breath hitch and his chest warm. His thoughts which were searching for a way to the immortal realm suddenly returned to him, he laid stiff on the ground with his eyes wide open, unable to move and refusing to move as if he was afraid the melody he was hearing would dissapear if he moved an inch.

The melody got closer....closer ...until he heard it right next to him as he saw two shadows on both his sides and the melody stopped and finally he looked to the side to see the ones who stood beside him. Then..it happened...