CHAPTER 47

He even kept saying that he cannot loose me yet and I wonder what he meant by that, but I didn't ask.

Before we came out of the spiritual realm he took the last task which to me seemed to me more like torture especially for a child his size. He was told to go to the east side of the mountain and enter a cave, there he would find a his last task. I went with him and I was so happy that atleast we were going home after so many days and nights fighting evil by himself. I just didn't think it would be so difficult for me as a mother to take. We got in a I looked around for a place to rest since we haven't had rest in 3days, I found an opening in the cave that led to other parts which looked like chambers. The set up of the cave was really strange and all I could think about was what the last test was for my baby. Walking into an empty cave with chambers to rest was too simple to be a task. I turned around to find a'Xian and before I could call out his name I heard the most heart piercing scream I have never ever heard in my life.

I ran towards the sound and I was so shocked to see a'Xian grown up into a man, and I realised the screams were his. He was kneeling down and his hands on the floor balancing himself from falling face first onto the stoney ground.his hair was long and tied with this red ribbon which was given by my master, his hair fallen to the side of his face. I looked at him doubting if it was really him even though I knew somehow it was him, I started to approach him as he was not screaming at that time. As I approached, I realised he was crying silently but his cries became audible as I reached d closer. When I was just a few feet from him he removed his hands from the ground and he sat down in a meditative posture, I stopped and carefully monitored his every move and expression. He placed his hand on his heart and the other was clutching his black and red robes and I hear him sobbing and it painted me more.

I mean how could my baby cry like this without me knowing the reason why, I asked myself, was it his test or mine because I would do anything to see him stop hurting. I started to look where he was injured but there were no injuries to his body and his face was only covered with tears that were still streaming like a waterfall. When I was just 2feet away from him an invisible force pushed me back a metre away from him, a slowly approached to find out what it was and that's when I felt it. It was an invisible barrier and you couldn't see it but rushing to it with force would certainly hurt or kill a person. He screamed the second time and now that I was closer to him I saw that what was ausing him pain was internally, it looked to me like whatever it was emotional and them it struck me. This was the last task, a test to control his emotions.

If it was physical pain I would have seen where the pain was, but whatever pain it was seemed to emotional. The way he was tightening his hand which changes from palm to a fist to his heart led me to think he was shown something since his red glowing eyes were constantly moving around. He cried and then he spoke while still crying, ' please...pl..please don't,... don't do this to him, he didn't do anything wrong pl.. please s.stop...punish me instead.' I couldn't see what he saw and what he said broke me down as I realised that he was seeing his soulmate in pain and it occured to me that that pain must be bacause of him. I cried so hard watching him but couldn't comfort him like a mother, I felt useless that he was witnessing looking at his soulmate bmaybe being punished for something they didn't do. As I was in the mist of my broken hearted cries I realised that I missed something he said, what he had said earlier replayed in my mind again...please don't do this to HIM, He didn't do anything wrong...' uhhh! I gasped as it hit me...

His soulmate was a man!! But how was that possible, it must be that I had mistaken what he has said but as I was beginning to believe I had heard him wrong, I had already made up my mind that I had heard him wrong when he said' I'm here, your soulmate is here , I'm not leaving you ever, I love you so much that it hurts and I will nev-...Nooo! Lan Zhan!! ( Painfully cries)' I was awe struck by who he called out to, that information was too great for me to process while I was being torn by his painful future. I couldn't believe that the one the name he called out to was his DEDTINED SOULMATE for ETERNITY!...I mean I was there as a mere mortal while seeing and hearing all the sacred things no mortal or even some immortals were allowed to experience. I wondered why I was being shown the at that time as I could see them later on in the future and experience it with him by his and his soulmate's side. I would never ever allow anything bad happen to them...

He suddenly stopped crying and wiped his tears, I was still looking attentively at him and he fixed his posture and started meditating, he was now quiet and breathing slowly and in a minute his breath was lessened as he began his meditation. I thought I should help him by meditating as well on the other side of the barrier, within a few minutes deep in meditation,I saw what looked like master's sleeping chambers and I walked in and that was when I opened my eyes to see you and Xiao Xingchen. When I woke up I was still confused because I didn't realise I was back to the mortal world and seeing Xingchen here made me aware that I was back, I didn't know what had happened to him in the spirit realm and the last time I saw him he was a grown young man. I have been traveling for a long time with a'Xian in the spiritual realm, and when I woke up I was in an unknown house, I didn't know what do do. I'm sorry I failed to look for you first when I opened my eyes.