CHAPTER 43

"She's just 3 months pregnant,but if she doesn't wake up within the next week or so ...I'm afraid..."

Wei Changze couldn't believe what he was hearing, he feared for the worst. And the worst being loosing either of them or both, he asked Madam Wen if there was something that can be done to speed their recovery but she said " Wei gongzi, I'm afraid there's nothing you or anyone can do now. Even if you transfere your spiritual energy to her it wouldn't make a difference, what we can do now is to wait and and only if she's willing to save herself and her baby will she fight. Give her time to heal and we'll take it from there." Wei Changze was so heartbroken, the thought of loosing two people he cherished the most in the world made him insane, he started to think positively for their sake. A week passed and madam Wen and Wei Changze were in the room where Changse was peacefully sleeping, her injuries were a lot better and she looked like she was healing fast and that was good but she had to wake up.

They were stiing next to her with Wei Changze holding her hand and gently massaging it to let her know that he was waiting for her. He had been talking to her in her sleep hoping she could hear him, but so far the only changes he saw were his injuries. Night came and Wei Changze was still beside her really hoping that he would hear her call his name, but nothing happened. Changse didn't wake up and even though she didn't, she reminded alive. Madam Wen told Wei Changze that the chances of survival were very slim but Wei Changze was hopeful that she will wake up even if it wasn't that day, maybe the next she definitely will. Madam Wen told his grandson to prepare soup and see if they could feed her while in her sleep to atleast give her strength to fight for her life.

It has now been 6months and still Changse was still in her deep sleep, she had been sick several times during those past months where she would have fever that lasted for atleast 3days and she would look like she was having a nightmare, the only things Wei Changze could do was rub her hands gently while madam Wen was giving her herbs to fight it off. They would see the baby kicking so hard as if trying to wake it's mother and sometimes there would be no movements or kicking for days, Wei Changze was at the brink of loosing total control when she didn't wake up. Seeing her breath was enough for him to hold and patiently wait, but now she was 9months pregnant and still sleeping. The time for her to deliver was in the next morning when madam checked her in the in the evening.

That night Wei Changze was awake the whole night looking for any sign of labour pains as he was instructed by madam Wen, but there wasn't any. Morning came and madam Wen had already prepared everything for her delivery and waiting for any sign for the baby to come and time was not in their hands. It was noon when they were both panicking as time for her delivery had already passed when something happened. Changse was still sleeping but it looked like there was movement in her stomach,the baby moved after so many months, the baby finally moved again but Changse also had to wake up. Her normal sleeping expression changes to that of someone in pain, they saw this and they were happy that she was atleast waking up but she didn't. Madam Wen massaged her stomach hoping she would be soothed by it to lessen the pain since she was a still weak.

The baby moved again and this time Changse looked like she was pushing her baby out still in her sleeping state, her baby had a strong will to survive that it forcefully woke it's up to be helped out. She kept on pushing until finally the baby was out, it was a healthy looking baby boy. Madam Wen wrapped the baby and started cleaning Changse so that she doesn't get more sick than she already was. Her survival was still needed for he baby, so she gave her herbs to drink and let her continue her sleep. After cleaning the baby, Madam Wen realised that the baby still hasn't opened his eyes yet so she gave the baby to the father and Changze was so beaming with joy, holding the baby with one hand while holding Changse's hand with the other. She started cleaning up the room and when she was done she left the room to do her chores.

She wanted to let them get closer to each other as a family and she knew she didn't need to be there. When she was done with her duties she came and told Changze that she was going to the city to buy some things needed for the baby and the house, she was accompanied by her grandson and it was now 3hours after noon. They took the carriage and left the house hoping to come back before it gets dark. Changze was still holding his baby while talking to his sleeping wife when he heard a knock at the door, he stood up and and placed the baby on the bed, took his sword and unsheathed while slowly heading towards the door. He was so ready to take on even the evil of all evils now that he had something or someone to protect, it was like he had doubled his strength right there and then.

He reached the door and peeked through the crack on the door when he saw a young man in white. He tried to think for a second who it could be but he couldn't figure it out, but by the look of the man he didn't look like someone who would cause harm since his facial expression was subtle. Changze opened the door while still holding the sword in his hand and ready to attack, when the man smiled and said " I don't think you will be needing that, I have been waiting for the old woman to leave the house so I could come see you. May I please come in before anybody sees me? " Wei Changze stepped aside and let him in, the only thing he knew was this man's aura wasn't aggressive and evil, so he concluded that he might sent by Jiang Fengmian." I'm here to see the woman who had just given birth, it's really important that I see her now please." The man said with worry in laced in every single word he said.