CHAPTER 69

Lan Qiren woke up earlier than usual as he wanted to make sure everything was set for their trip, he had already washed up and dressed in his Lan clan senior robes. He went out out if his room to check on Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan when he found Lan Xichen sitting in the tea room. He looked concerntrated and worried and when Lan Qiren went to find out why, he was amazed to see Lan Zhan sitting in the meditation room, meditating, but there seemed to be something off about the whole thing. Lan Zhan was shaking as cold sweat traced his forehead, his robes looked disheveled and his hair was too messy for the Gusu Lan desciple since they were to always look presentable. His lips were dry and when Lan Qiren saw this he immediately went to check if Lan Zhan was ok.He had already told the elders that he would be taking both his nephews along with him, changes in the last minute would bring embarrassment to their name.

He was about to get closer to Lan Zhan when Lan Xichen stopped him, Lan Qiren turned around and he turned around looking at Lan Xichen as if he was about to snap at him when he asked " Xichen!..what happened to Wanji? Why is he like this... Huh? " Worry could be seen on his face as he clenched his fists lightly to contain his agitation. " Uncle...Wanji has been like that since last night, he woke up in the middle of the night shivering as he mumbled words I couldn't understand. I thought he was getting sick until I saw his chest, it was glowing bright red and pulsated like a heart beat. He woke up and went to the meditation room and started meditating but when he started meditating...not only his chest was glowing red but his whole body glowed bright blue and he hovered three feet off the ground. I tried to come wake you up but I couldn't leave him alone and I couldn't shout either so...I just sat here and watched him."

" Xichen! You mean to tell me that Wanji has been like this since midnight? But why? He was fine this whole time so what could have made him like this? " Lan Qiren asked worried as he stepped back and sat down besides Lan Xichen. " Uncle I think this has to do with the red light that is glowing in his chest. I remember mama telling me that he was special and that I should take care of him well, I still don't understand what she meant by that. I just know that he has been acting different these past few days, I don't know ...maybe I'm too overly attentive." After Lan Xichen finished his explanation and he stood up walking towards the meditation room entrance, he looked at his brother and again thinking if there was a way to help him out of his difficulties. If only he knew that with Lan Zhan, nothing was as simples as that, he was the chosen one and what he has seen so far and what he saw just then was not the end if it. More difficulties were to come and nothing and no one could choose otherwise.

He stood there watching him while Lan Qiren paced back and forth casting a glance at Lan Zhan once in a while while stroking his short beard, he was trying to figure out a way to help Lan Zhan at the state he was in. He tried so hard to remember what Baoshan Sanren had said seven years ago and by now hisemory came in bits and pieces, a lot has happened over the years and he was not in his golden age anymore so remembering everything exactly how it was and was said was impossible. Then he thought of something, he and Lan Xichen would help him in a way that would also be less stressfull for them. They would go in and meditate with him, this was good since meditation needed less movement around and that's what he and Lan Xichen had been doing, also if they meditated they would be less stressfull and channeling their golden power might even make them think of a way to help him out of the state he was in.

Even though Lan Zhan was meditating, he looked as if he was experiencing something that nine of them understood, he was looking sick and mumbled words that were not understandable to anyone. It was as if he was feeling pain in his whole body and for some reason it seems to be connected to the red glowing light in his chest since it only happened when it lit in his chest. While they were meditating Lan Qiren channelled his golden power and prayed at the same time to regain his memories of what Baoshan Sanren had said years ago. His memory came back like a rush of water to from the river to the sea and he remembered everything, because he had prayed for the Gods to help him, the Gods granted his wish because time was running out. He was successful and he stabilized his golden power as his spiritual power ran through out his entire body making him calm and relaxed, the same thing happened to Lan Xichen. Lan Xichen was only eleven years old but because he was Lan Zhan's elder brother and the closest one to him,he was given the responsibility of being his guardian, therefore he was given the entire knowledge of the both Lan Zhan and his soulmate's destiny to help fulfil it.

He became calm and more understanding of his little brother's situation and with his heart and mind cleansed while his soul became pure and open for the two people be felt happier than he had even been. A smile played on his face as he now knows how and when to help his brother. His brother wasn't easy to understand therefore being given that gift by his brother first and now the Gods was a great honour for him as he matured despite his age, being guardian for the two was not going to be easy and he understood that he might share their struggles aswell but that was nothing as long as he was part of them. He swore to himself that he would do anything humanly possible to bring them together. The Gods had now shared their secret to Lan Xichen who his brother's soulmate was, and even though he didn't know where he was he knew Lan Zhan was the one to find him. He also knew how honoured he was to be the only one to know something so difficult for anyone to understand, let alone a mortal his age.