CHAPTER 62

Wei Ying felt defeated as he turned 360° to see which direction to take when he heard unknown voices coming from the other direction. He listened carefully and realised they were desciples and wanted to run to the said voices when he heard one of them say something that froze his entire being.

After Wei Changze and Wei Changse bud their farewell to their son, they watched him run to the unknown parts of the forest and to them...as long as he wasn't there to see them take their last breath was enough, at least they knew he was safe when he's far from them. Wei Changze looked at his wife and HD her hand while taking it out his sword from the back inside his long cape, he squeezed her hand a little to gain her attention and when Changse looked at him he smile at her and said " wô ài nî ". He circled his hands around her waist and she placed her hands on his neck and she answered " wô yê ài nî" and that was it, that was all they wished to say to each other everyday since they were together but because each of them never had the right to fully feel more than they already had because if their unmarried status, they didn't dare to say it. It's not like they didn't live each other, no, they loved each other so much that they would die for each other but they were not married, so showing affection out in the open was something they didn't do.

They had their moments together, privately, and even though they didn't do that much they still stole kisses from each other when one of them was sleeping. Wei Changze had to ask for permission everytime he wanted to touch Changse and Changse would keep her feelings to herself since Changze always came late and tires from selling his goods from town. This...holding hands, wrapping hands on each other's bodies and showing affection for one another ..was the first time since they met. Wei Changze felt blessed to have to legally kiss his beloved wife before they left and he felt something in his stomach rumble, hungry for more than just a hug, a kiss was what he actually wanted but he couldn't do that since danger was lurking nearby. He looked at Changse who was genuinely smiling feeling happy to spend a moment like that showing her affection and what she once had no right to.

Her thoughts were nowhere else but on her husband, she didn't care what was coming or his far it was because all she wanted was a kiss firm her loving husband. A kiss from the man who gave up everything just to follow her on her attempt to escape a misunderstanding. She had blamed herself for many years when she saw Wei Changze in the state he was, selling vegetables to provide for his beloved and son, a strong and skillfull man who was a spy of a well known clan leader was then living in poverty with little to eat and had to do everything in his power to protect his family. She knew then that she could have done things differently, but it was too late for regrets, now she still had a small chance to appreciate the man infront of her, the man she loves so much that she would do anything for him. But...she had a request from her husband...

" Zhàngfū , I have something to ask of you, our son is long gone by now and he won't face the dangers that are about to happen in a few minutes but I ask, can we not fight? If taking our lives will make them release all the anger and hate then so be it. I don't want to fight anyone an that is why I do not carry my sword with me, my master had raised me to always look at things differently and war was something she loathed because she thought everything can be solved if only people talked about what they are want to fight for. She believed that when there's war, neither of the parties going to war really want war and none of them would admit since they were afraid of being called incompetent and a coward. So Zhàngfū...I was raised with peace in a peaceful environment, now I want to die in peace in an this inhospitable place by ferocious people, duì bù qî...*sobs* for everything that has happened and about to happen because of me."

Wei Changse couldn't hold it in anymore, she has been keeping that guilt deep inside and even though she has to said it to him before, she still said it in her heart everytime she looked at him. That was the real reason she didn't want to touch or initiate intimacy with Wei Changze before because she felt that she was unworthy of him, she felt that she robbed a good and honest man his peaceful life and forced him to live like a wanted criminal only because she was carrying his child. Now that it had come to an end, she felt that he deserves an apology atleast and even though it wouldn't fix everything, he would know how she regretted not clearifying the misunderstanding madam Yu had of her. She now thought that being disgraced for getting pregnant out of wedlock was way better than what was about to happen to them. She was silently crying in her husband's arms when all he could do was kiss her forehead and rub her back while trying to reduce his wife's pain so that he felt no more pain.

He had never seen his wife cry before this was the first time and this first time was so overwhelming and heart wrenching for him to witness. He had to keep himself together in order to calm her down. And he thought of a way to do that, he cupped his wife's face and slowly leaned forward to place a kiss on her lips. It was a kiss that felt like fireworks were going of in both their hearts, a kiss that made each other know how much they were loved, appreciated and how much they longed for each other. It was not an aggressive kiss but it was enough for both of them to get lost in while in each other's embrace so much so that they didn't care when dozens of men whose sword were thirsty for blood stood surrounding them with their swords hungry and already celebrating for the blood they were about to spill.