CHAPTER 21

And now Lan Qiren was thinking to himself 'what have I done? '

And now here he was, regreting the decisions he took himself that made his brother's life sad. He knew that he loved her so much and even bore him two intelligent sons, and now his brother was in pain when he just found him punishing his dearest wife in a gruesome way. He was ashamed of himself and he just couldn't believe what anger and maybe a little bit of hate he thought would end up doing what he did. Lan Qingheng-Jun saw how he struggled with himself and he saw that he was regreting everything he had done, ' what's done is done ' he thought and decided to shed light in what might have happened. He just knew that his wife would never kill anyone and he knew what danger was lurking in Cloud Rescessess since he was the one to place the ' hot coal' in the underworld chamber, and he pieced the pieces together when it escaped and the elder told him what had happened the that night when Lan Zhan was being born.

The elder had told him that the energy of some sort resided in him and he does know of any method to cast it out, Lan Qingheng-Jun had advised him not to force it out and he will find a way to cast it out if him so they could trap it safely. He was the one to know how it was living with evil inside your body because he saw how his wife's moods changed in a flash and even though the resentment energy didn't have it's power source,it still had a significant impact in her health which resulted him in constantly transfering his spiritual energy to her. He knew it must be very difficult and painful, he had also tried to look for a solution and that was the reason why he went to night hunts even though he didn't need to. He had actually tried to use another evil spirit to attract the current one to it to leave his body but he would injure them or kill them unintentionally and they became useless to bring back.

He said " do you remember what elder Baoshan Sanren had said that time? The resentment energy needed a strong host and it found Lan Furen because she was the one carrying the one it was looking for. When it fled right after Lan Zhan had cast it out, it also went to look for a host. And...it found one, master Yezun, my mentor." Lan Qiren in the mist of blaming himself gasped and shit his eyes out looking at his brother, trying to understand why he wasn't told anything about this. Lan Qingheng-Jun continued " I didn't tell anyone because I thought I could find a solution to this problem but I ended up making things worse, I couldn't save master Yezun. How am I supposed to take care of my clan when I already sacrificed one of my important people? " He said that and poured another cup of tea for both of them again and he held his teacup gesturing for Lan Qiren to pick up his, and he did with tears in eyes.

Both brothers had their regrets of ruining others lives, and Lan Qiren was in tears while silently sipping his tea, she they were done Lan Qiren once again apologized to his brother for not investigating the matter 1st but instead judged Lan Furen on what was he saw without asking 1st, but Lan Qingheng-Jun told him he mustn't take the blame as that was his punishment to keep remembering till his last breath. Lan Qiren went back to his chambers as he had left Lan Zhan and Lan Xichen alone, he knew his brother didn't want him to bring the boys to see their mother in such a state so he had already made arrangements for little Lan Zhan to stay with them. He got home and found them playing with their toys and he went and sat down next to them, he just wanted to spend as much time as he can with them especially that night since he blamed himself. The little Lan Zhan who was playing stopped and faced the ground, no matter how much Lan Xichen urged him to play with him he just couldn't oblige and his older brother understood well.

He knew that little Lan Zhan was himself only when he was with him, with Lan Xichen , Lan Zhan would speak his baby language and smile, never laughing just smiling and that was enough for Lan Xichen. He packed their toys and took out his Liebieng to play a calming music for Lan Zhan. Lan Qiren was just sitting there looking at his nephews thinking that they do not know what was going on, but he was wrong. They knew very well what was going on but they didn't ask, they had figure it out long ago and Lan Zhan...even earlier that all of them. So Lan Xichen took Lan Zhan to their meditation room and they sat on the floor while Lan Zhan was fixing his meditation posture, Lan Qiren had already told the elders in charge of Lan Zhan's soul calming music to stop coming until everything was fine. He knew Lan Xichen was more than capable since he watched and listened to him play before and he was gifted playing a flute.

His excellent music skills was the result of his temperament that was always calm, soft voice and good at listening. He was too matured for his age and both Lan Qingheng-Jun and Lan Qiren had thought that he would make an excellent clan leader in future, he played his Liebieng for 3hours be ause Lan Zhan wasn't waking up, so he kept on playing because he didn't want to disturb his meditation by stopping. But when he didn't stop, Lan Zhan opened his eyes and looked at his brother and nod with a smile as approving of his skills or complimenting him. Lan Xichen smiled at him and and rubbed their noses together like he always did and Lan Zhan seemed to like it because he always gave his brother his best smile right after. Lan Qiren called them in a their supper and of course Lan Qiren knew about Lan Zhan's diet so he told the maidens to bring Lan Zhan's food to his chambers from that day on.

Back at Lan Qingheng-Jun's chambers, he stood up after Lan Qiren left and went into Lan Furen's bedroom. The silent room or chambers was their marital home but Lan Qingheng-Jun had his own secluded chambers ever since Lan Zhan was born reason being...