CHAPTER 4

What have I done!!? Lan Qiren thought.

FLASH BACK

15 years ago, Lan Qingheng-Jun went on night hunting taking 5 of his desciples along with him. They had captured and purified lost souls which made troubles for the nearby villages in Gusu. It was morning and they had been night hunting for 3days and it was now time to go back home, they had to walk across a small stream along the way and he advised his desciples to drink some water by the pure Gusu stream before they continue their journey.

While Lan Qingheng-Jun was still looking for a perfect place under the tree for a shade, he heard a soft and gentle sound coming from the nearby woods. He thought he was hearing things and he listened carefully again, he knew there was a possibility that the evil spirits might disguise themselves to lure him,but he couldn't help it. It was like that sweet angelic voice was calling him and he prepared his sword and slowly went to investigate.

When he reached the opening a few metres away from the stream,he saw a woman crouching down and picking up flowers. Her back was facing him and he couldn't see her face clearly, beside her was a flower basket filled with wild flowers that she was busy picking. He looked around looking for a special flower which he could present to the maiden so that she sees that he has come in peace, he saw a specific flower in the middle of a thorn bush and he immediately knew it was the flower he wanted to gift her.

" Excuse me" Lan Qingheng-Jun said attracting attention to the maiden who got sturtled and quickly got up. She slowly turned around afraid of what she would have to face behind her, she had been told that there was evil lurking around in the forest but she went there anyway. She would always go out looking for Wilf flowers to place in her room, to her, wild flowers were the prettiest of them all and she would everyday go out to collect them. She turned around facing Lan Qingheng-Jun and her eyes immediately glued themselves to Lan Qingheng-Jun.

Lan Qingheng-Jun was not different, he felt tingles on his entire body and his eyes were about to pop out as he saw that the maiden's hand had scratches, he slowly walked to her and he looked at her hands again in close inspection but when the maiden saw this she immediately hid her hands behind her back. Lan Qingheng-Jun saw that those scratches were from the thorny tree which he had picked a flower into, he the composed himself and cleared his throat before asking, " are you alright miss, I'm sorry, how rude of me. I am Lan Qingheng-Jun from Gusu Lan sect leader, here I thought you deserved to have this.

Ha said with a small smile on his face, the maiden looked at the flower and her eyes widened even more. She had first widened her eyes seeing the handsome man before him who looked powerful and calming. She smiled and said " my name is Cheng Furen, I live in that village over there and my family do not belong to a any sect." She said. Lan Qingheng-Jun smiled and gave her the flowers which earned him the biggest smile ever as she patiently took them.

From that day onwards, Lan Qingheng-Jun would go out on night hunts and he would meet Cheng Furen by the stream and he would talk to her about random things and all that until he proposed marriage to her and told her to go tell her family to prepare to host them. After departing from their joyous spot Lan Qingheng-Jun went went feeling the happiest and he couldn't wait to tell his younger Lan Qiren about his decision, he was overjoyed that he couldn't help but forget himself and walked past some elders who greeted him but got nothing back from him.

He went straight to his Lan Qiren's room and knocked on the door and entered after a being given permission for entrance, he found Lan Qiren sitting down on the chair beside his tea table and Lan Qiren poured tea for his brother and they both enjoyed it silently. Once they were finished, Lan Qingheng-Jun gave Lan Qiren his good news and said "brother...I'm going to get married soon, I have found myself a perfect maiden to marry and bear children for me" he said excitedly.

Lan Qiren was confused and as he widened his eyes and waited for his brother to finish talking,  Lan Qingheng-Jun explained to him what she looks like, where she lived and who her parents were. Lan Qiren shifted from his chair and eyes not as Lan Qingheng-Jun announced that he would be marrying her before fall and that preparations should be done for. Once Lan Qingheng-Jun was finished talking, Lan Qiren took a deep breath and faced his brother saying" brother do you know her well ? It seems to me that the woman you're talking about was the is the same woman who always caused trouble for her parents.

Xiongzhang, that maiden is trouble and will bring trouble to our clan, please don't make hasty decisions" Lan Qiren said before bowing his respect for his brother but Lan Qingheng-Jun was already deeply inlove to even let go of her and he refused saying " it has already been arranged and no matter what she is ...I will still not change my mind". Lan Qiren gasped at his brother's words, his brother had never talked to him in that manner before and he blamed Cheng Furen for turning his brother against him. He bowed again to his brother then apologised, he didn't want to be in conflict with his beloved brother as it had never happened before. " I'm sorry Xiongzhang, I was wrong to speak about the woman you want to marry like that.