CHAPTER 27

Lan Qiren got confused by Lan Xichen's reaction and asked Lan Xichen why he was so excited, and Lan Xichen said "he said yes, shufu, he said he will live with me. I'm so excited and, just wait and see the many things I will teach you we'll have so much fun." " Xichen, when did Wanji tell you that? Why don't you let your brother decide for himself, okay son..? " " Qiren let it be, Zhan did give his consent, Xichen understands Zhan and that gives me relief. I know you don't understand him now but give it time, you'll understand him, Zhan's temperament is different from others. All he needs is your patience and you'll get used to him.

A week went by and it was the last day the boys were to visit their parents, they would come in morning to visit their mother, spend the whole day with her and later go have dinner at their father's house. Their mother would spoil them with cookies and play all sorts of games while their father taught them his unique ultivation skills and tell them folks tales and tell them about their Lan ancestors. Time had gone too fast for Lan Qingheng-Jun and Lan Furen that they wished they had more, even though Lan Qiren was there to take care of their boys, they wished they were the ones to do that.

Today was the last day and Lan Furen was all ready to see her sons for the last time, she had woken earlier than usual and cooked a large meal and baked cookies for sons. She took out 4 books which her grandfather had given to her and stacked them each they way she had done when Lan Zhan was reading them. He read the books accordingly and he would everyday start over the first book and so forth, but he never read the fourth and last book. He would start with the first book and end at the 2nd at first, but the next day instead of continuing to the 3rd book, he would again start with the first book. He had this logic that if he couldn't finish reading all of them at once then it means he wasn't ready yet and that was why he would always start with the first again and again.

The last time he read the books he had finished the 3rd completely, so again he will start with the first when he reads them again. Knowing her son, Lan Furen had placed the 4th books to be the last on purpose, she knew her son's reading style and she never said anything. She spoiled him so much that in everything she was leave leave behind was nothing compared to leaving his baby. Today things were different, Lan Qiren had told the boys to visit their parents individually. Lan Zhan went to see his father alone while Lan Xichen was with his mother.

Each parent had a chance to say goodbye to each of their sons at a time, so Lan Qingheng-Jun taught Lan Zhan sword skills and the secrets of cultivation. He knew Lan Zhan was born for a purpose so he wanted to make sure he was ready for his respective tasks ahead of him in the near future. When it was time for Lan Zhan to go see his mother, Lan Qingheng-Jun went to the other room and came back with a beautiful sword. He knelt before his little boy holding the sword with both hands and gestures for Lan Zhan to accept it. Lan Zhan's eyes were sparkling, the faint candle light reflected on the sword and the sword's shiny reflection was even brighter in his eyes.

His mouth parted as he gasped faintly at what his father was gifting him, Lan Qingheng-Jun saw that and he knew the sword had already belonged to Lan Zhan before he had even given into him. You see, the sword belonged to Lan Qingheng-Jun's great grandfather and he gave it to Lan Qingheng-Jun's father to pass it down to his elder son, that's how it was in Lan Qingheng-Jun's position. It was a powerful spiritual sword, and whenever he practiced with it, it rejected his spiritual energy and made itself useless in his hands. The best thing he would do was to pass it on like his father did when it rejected him.

He had tried to give it to Lan Xichen when he was Lan Zhan's age and he had said it was very heavy for him to use, so he gave it back to his father. Lan Qingheng-Jun was dissapointed that the sword rejected everyone, his grandfather, his father, him, his older son and now it was his last chance to find the sword it's master. He patiently waited to see if Lan Zhan would pick it up, he hoped that if the sword also rejects Lan Zhan then he would still have him keep it until it was time to pass it on. Lan Zhan slowly lifted his tiny hands, extended them towatds the sword and gently grabbed it. Lan Qingheng-Jun didnt let go fearing that it was too heavy for Lan Zhan and it would fall.

Lan Zhan looked at his father gesturing him to let go of it and he did, now Lan Zhan was holding the sword himself and his tiny hands didn't tilt because of the sword's heaviness. He held it firmly and Lan Qingheng-Jun was in awe about what was happening infront of his eyes. He was amazed because he thoughtths sword would be heavy for him and tilt his hands and fall. But he was so stunned when Lan Zhan's hands didn't even feel the heaviness, to him it was a miracle. Then Lan Zhan suddenly closed his eyes, the blues (pure) light from Lan Zhan's body became bright again and the light surrounded the Lan Zhan.

Lan Qingheng-Jun knelt and bowed to the awakening of the great and powerful sword which belonged to the greatest cultivator of all, his grandfather as it finally chose it's master. He raised his head still kneeling and kept looking at Lan Zhan as his spiritual energy awakened and surrounded his with the sword in his hands. The Lan Zhan's spiritual energy went into the sword and the sword vibrated in Lan Zhan's hands and levitated a few metres from Lan Zhan's hands and unsheathed itself while still vibrating.

The strumming sound from the sword was heavenly as it still vibrated giving out pulses of energy in the room when the energy entered it completely and landed back on Lan Zhan's hands. The sword was still bright with Lan Zhan's spiritual energy and it slowly went back into Lan Zhan's body but leaving a tiny candle light like orb surrounding. It was waiting for it's master to sheathe it back into its scabbard.