7

^^Ellio

Zena's POV

(Before Yeira got back from East Asian realm)

I looked down to get an idea how high we were. Our therapist thought it'd be best for us to reveal any internal issues we have against the other. The catch was that we'd be doing this through gladiator jousting. Acacia and I would alternate between revealing an issue and then hitting the person with the stick. We were on a platform and the first to fall would lose. This entire exercise felt like a lost cause.

"You can go first." I offered.

"Okay, it irritates me how you always revert to what I want even when you don't like it." She smacked me.

"Umm... okay. But isn't that what you want? I'm just trying to make you happy." I softly hit her.

"But tell me if you don't like something instead of silently holding onto it. Tell me if you don't like something. Be honest!" She struck me.

"There's no point in causing an argument." I softly tapped her.

"It's not an argument, but a discussion."

"It would then turn into an argument." She appeared surprised by my words. "I want peace, not hostility." I added.

"You think I'm toxic!" She sniffled and whacked me.

"I really don't. I think you're self-assured. I have no issue with you taking charge." I gently nudged her.

"I hate that you let everyone walk all over you like a doormat!" She spat.

"Woah." I held my hand up. "I'm not a doormat-"

"You are! You didn't want to come, but ended up coming!"

"Because you really wanted it and made a valid point. I was open to it."

"Why can't you be honest with me?" Her eyes glazed over.

"Honest about what? What am I being dishonest?"

"About everything. What you're internally going through. Your problems. Let me in. You hide stuff thinking that you're protecting me."

"You hid stuff from me." I countered. "Why didn't you tell me about dying? You hid that from me. I could've received your pain-"

"I'd still be dying though. Just less pain, but still lethal." She pointed out. "If you could have relieved my pain or saved me another way, would you have married me?" I groaned at her question. "Are you only marrying me to make me happy?"

"I'm marrying you because I want to. I'll admit that I was scared at first, but am ready now."

"Do you feel trapped?"

"No, I really don't. Aqua, I love you. I want to be with you. Ya, it'd be nice to take our time and date longer but I want to marry you. I really do, so what's the difference with doing it now versus a few years. I'm ready to be there for you."

"But-"

"But, nothing." I smiled. "I knew what I signed up for, but ignored the consequences of it. The positive consequences." I quickly added.

"How do you really feel about Yeira and I?" She nervously inquired.

"Addy admitted how and why it happened." I sighed. "It hurts. Ya, it does, but I don't blame you entirely. There were outside forces at play." I shook my head. "You don't fully understand, but you were semi-brainwashed. It was out of your control. You had no consent."

"It felt real to me." She whispered.

"Now, what else?" I gently smiled.

"I can't pleasure you the way Naomi can." She thwacked me in the head, flinging me off the platform.