66

^^Geneve

Zena's POV

"You know next time..." Acacia winced from her headache. "I'll spend the day with Lara."

"What? I thought we had a fun time." Mum smiled as she nuzzled Maman.

"You can take Hana on a little adventure next." Acacia snapped.

"What happened?" I wondered.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Acacia sneered.

"It's a right of passage. At least you know your in-laws like you." Mum winked.

"We need to move." Maman spoke. "These are the coordinates Vanya sent me."

"She's helping you?" Mum was shocked.

"She's not like her parents. She's my friend and not fond of Geneve. Plus, the Romanovs have issue with Geneve after what she did to Sophie. But anyways, Geneve wanted us to end up in the vamp realm because she'd have people there. She's not expecting us to be here. Well, I'm sure she was informed now, but... let's go."

"I'm surprised she hasn't fled yet." We walked to the car. "You've been here for days."

"She's not going to run. That's not her style. She has a backup plan and we're going to see it." Maman open the car door.

"I'm scared."

"Don't be." My parents smiled.

Mum drove us for a little while before Maman spoke. She had mum pull over. Mum shot the woman a questioning look, but Maman scanned the outside.

"We're about to enter a predominant vampire area. This is where many of the defectors come. Just be careful." She signaled for mum to continue driving.

Acacia gripped my hand since she was slightly scared. I gave her a comforting squeeze because I'd be there to protect her. Maman directed mum where to turn and I spotted several individuals scanning our car. We finally pulled to Abbey of Echternach. Acacia and I marveled at the beautiful exterior. Men approached and opened our doors.

"Should I be scared?" Acacia whispered to me.

"No." Maman answered and walked ahead.

We gulped, but followed her inside. More men opened the doors, so Maman wouldn't have to touch a door knob. People showed disgust at mum, but eyed Acacia in want. I held my elf close and glared them into submission. I noticed a few figures, must be political defectors, gulp and stare at Maman in fear. She ignored them and continued down the halls.

Maman stood outside massive double doors and stared at the guards. They nodded and slowly opened the door. Inside sat Geneve around a circular table. We slowly entered as the doors closed behind us. I noticed 3 chairs on one side while Geneve sat alone.

"Please sit." She motioned to the three unoccupied seats.

"Bring a fourth." Maman snapped at a guard. Before he could leave, Geneve spoke up.

"That will not be necessary. We do not allow dogs at the table."

Maman marched to the table and flung it aside so she could be in Geneve's face. She pulled Geneve up by her neck and sneered.

"Never disrespect her again or-"

"You cannot assert violence in this country." Geneve cut her off. "Or are you about to break treaty laws?"

Maman snarled before releasing the woman. Geneve, demeaningly, instructed Maman to put that table back. Maman whizzed and placed the table back in position. Geneve then motioned at the unoccupied chairs.