67

^^Julian

Zena's POV

The five of us awkwardly walked outside. The guards stiffened at an unconscious Geneve over maman's shoulder. The rules were that vampires had to willingly cross over, not be forcefully removed. Maman decided not to abide by the rules and knew there'd be consequences.

"What happens now?" Acacia whispered.

"Interpol." Mum answered and walked to the car.

Maman stuffed Geneve between Acacia and I. The entire ride was eerily silent. I kept replaying what Geneve revealed about my parents. I'm sure they have a lot of thoughts in their heads as well. When Maman crossed over to Germany, 10 cars were waiting along with an armored vehicle. I watched as Matt exited a vehicle with another man.

Mum stopped the car and released a long breath. She glanced at Maman, who nodded and got out. Acacia and I followed suit as Maman dragged Geneve out.

"Matthew." Maman rolled her eyes. "Julian." She smirked.

"This is my boss?" Julian sarcastically stared at Geneve. "Nice to formally meet her." His eyes flitted to mum.

"There's more. We don't know who, but she'll talk." Mum had Maman hand Geneve over to agents, who placed her into the truck. "Can we trust everyone here?"

"They're clean." Julian confirmed.

"Any idea who the other moles are?" Matt questioned.

"If we did, we'd have handed over a file." Maman sarcastically spoke.

"There'll be an internal investigation." Julian confirmed. "We could use the help."

"Julian, I'm-"

"Do it." Maman and I spoke.

"What?"

"You're the best of the best. And they need you. We all do. You'll make the world a safer place." I gave her a small smile.

"It'll be okay. And I think we all need to process what we just learned. Space isn't bad." Maman dug a hole with her shoe.

"Larz-"

"How deep does this run?" Matt captured her attention.

"I'm not sure, but Geneve had a pretty good grasp on a lot of classified information." Mum spared me a glance, so I looked down. "We need to scrub the entire agency."

"Good thing we have the best cleaner on our side." Julian smirked. "And your child is cleared of all crimes."

"We know the real suspect." Matt confirmed.

"Ya, because it wasn't obvious the entire time." Maman narrowed her eyes.

"We believe he fled the realm into a place we can't follow." Julian spoke.

"Can't or too scared to?" Maman smirked.

"The point is that your girls are free."

"They should always have been." Mum snapped.

"Matt was extra persuasive." Julian stated.

"I don't give a damn." Mum glared at them. "They were innocent the entire time. The only reason they were suspects was because of who they were related to. And that was bullshit."

"We agree." Julian spoke. "Allow us to give something in return."

"Your blood?" Maman smirked.

"Here. Files on the genetic experimentation." He handed it to Maman. "Figured you and Alena could comb through the data."