17

^^Ken

Ken's POV

With a deep sigh, I wrapped my arms around myself. The cool breeze ruffled the fabric of my robes. I stared at the placid pond and marveled at the beautiful flowers surrounding the pool. The waterfall cascaded down in the most serene way possible not to disturb the tranquility of the pool. The cheery blossoms and other exotic flowers made this place appear even more beautiful than it was.

I was currently at Yearning Corner. This was the place the occupants of the light realm would travel to speak with the deceased. For us, it was similar with traveling to a graveyard. Even though you couldn't actually see the person, it felt like you were closer to them and they could hear you. And I really needed a good listener now.

I sat down on the soft grass and stared at the aquatic life.

"Yuna." I felt myself choke up. "This is one of those times that I really need you. You'd be able to tell me what to do." I moved my head to observe the deer prancing by. "And I think you'd be happy while I'm freaking out." I chuckled a bit. "I'm really scared. I'm 19 and pregnant. What do I do?"

I leaned forward and placed my fingers in the pond. I cracked a smile when the fishes circled my hand and lightly sucked on it.

"What do I do? You'd have all the answers. How am I supposed to tell Nyx? I know I have to tell her, but she'll be furious. I know everyone says she won't leave me, but what about the emotional distance between us? She's not going to like it and I'm terrified of her reaction. Will this even make her want to marry me? I know she hates the very idea or thought of it. How are her and Ajax so different? He was terrified of marriage, but managed to conquer that fear though Lily. It's like Nyx doesn't even want to entertain that thought. Is it me and she's using the fear of marriage as an excuse? Maybe she doesn't see me that way." I breathed out.

I picked a gorgeous sunflower and brought it to my nose. The doves chirped as they circled the pond. My attention was directed back to the pond when the swans landed and briefly disturbed the placid pond.

"Besides that, I'm terrified of pregnancy. It's the fear of the unknown, ya know? Like how is my body going to change? What things will happen that are irreversible? Am I ready to be a mother?" I choked on the last question. "I don't think I am, but I don't want to give up this baby." I placed my hand over my stomach. "I really don't but I don't think I'll be a good mom. How can I be one when I never had a mom in my life?! I don't know what it's like to raise a child with motherly love because I never had it! Ya, I met my mom, but when I was much older and I can't stand her right now!" I huffed.

I grabbed a fistful of grass and harshly pulled it. I then threw the grass absentmindedly and glared at the pond.

"Yuna, you have no idea how much anger I hold towards my mom for what she did to you. I can't let it go. And I don't want to! She killed you! She knowingly severed your wings and knew..." I broke down in tears. "That you were going to die! That you'd be leaving me. My best friend was taken away by my mother! She destroyed you and I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have brought them here. I shouldn't have. And you took the fall for me. You were-" I buried my face in my hands as I wept. "I'm so sorry."

I cried for I don't know how long. I kept shaking and shaking and shaking. I eventually calmed myself where I was hyperventilating. After a few deep breaths, I regulated my breathing.

"I can't forgive her. I hate her so much. And it pissed me off how she's desperately trying not to rebuild our relationship. It'll never happen. I'll never love her again. I can't stand to be in her presence. She took one of the best things from me and can't return it. I want you here with me. Not whenever you are and I can't communicate with you again." I looked away to gather myself. "Where are you anyway? Is it nice there? Are you at peace? Any pain? Your scars? Anything? Yuna, please respond." I sniffled. "I miss my best friend."