76

Zena's POV

A few months later...

Maman was harassing the hairdresser and makeup artists. She was very adamant about what she wanted. You'd think it was for her, but it was for me. Maman was in their way while directing them. I sent mum a pleading look, but she chuckled and shook her head. I think mum gave up because she wasn't going to try and police Maman.

After much deliberation and stern speaking, I was ready. Mum zipped up the back of my dress and rested her chin atop my shoulder. We looked at each other through the mirror and both had tears in our eyes. I turned and hugged her tight.

"No crying. The makeup." Maman approached and melted. "You look so beautiful." Her eyes welled up.

"Didn't you say no crying?" Yeira continued playing her video game.

"We're so proud of you, little one." Mum nuzzled against Maman.

"You look stunning, Tesoro." Mum smiled and dabbed at her eye. "I can't believe this is really happening."

"Neither can I." Maman whimpered. "You're getting married."

"Isn't she already?" Yeira popped her bubblegum.

Gran entered and stopped to stare at me. She smiled wide before gesturing to my parents. They approached her and discussed how long they had until the ceremony commenced. Yeira spat her gum out and walked to me. I smiled at her as she gave me a once over.

"Your necklace is a little twisted." Yeira fixed it for me. "Perfect."

"I can't believe we're here."

"Really? Acacia has been making it her entire personality to talk about the wedding and-"

"No, I mean me and you, silly." I lightly punched her shoulder. "I never thought we'd be doing this together. You being here and everything."

"Hmm..." Yeira eyed me. "I can't believe Acacia is actually getting her happily ever after ending." She teased, so I rolled my eyes. "I'm happy for you."

"Thank you for being here, Yei. I really wouldn't be here without you."

"I can say the same for you. You've saved my ass on multiple accounts." She smirked.

"It's time, Z!" Gran tightly hugged me before leaving.

"Are you ready?" Yeira asked as I fixed her bow tie.

"More than ever." I nervously whispered.

"You'll be fine." Yeira leaned close and placed a soft kiss on my cheek. "Good luck." She whispered and went to mum's side.

Mum hugged me once more before leaving with Yeira. Maman smiled at me and held out a hand. Yep, she'd be giving me away. I tightly held her hand and allowed her to lead me down the stairs. We walked to the double door and stopped outside.

"You ready?" Maman whispered.

"Oui." I grinned.

Maman smiled and faced forward. We heard the violin and piano before the doors opened. The two of us smiled while walking down the aisle. Everyone stood and smiled as we passed them. When we got to the end, Maman kissed my cheek and let me walk up the few steps. Yeria, Ellio, Finn, Tae, and Kai were waiting on the platform for me. They all fistbumped me as we waited for Acacia.

I took the time to admire the decoration of the venue. It truly was something straight out of a fairytale. The venue was a perfect mixture of nature and architecture, amounting to a miniature botanical garden within the arches of the chapel. Kai and Maman decided to abandon the flashy decorations and instead incorporate more of an earthy and verdant outdoor-indoor theme. For instance, they had palm leaves, orchids, maidenhair ferns and more lined the walls and the aisle. It helped to create a meandering path which everyone could move about during the ceremony.

I smiled at the guests seated among the plants. The green velvet benches, made of freeform shapes, were adorned with vines that held un-blossomed flowers. It provided the perfect illusion of the guests seated amongst the 3 foot tall grasses. The space really did feel alive.

Maman and Kai truly exceeded all expectations and the expectations were incredibly high. I felt Yeira lean closer to me.

"Not too late to bolt." Yeira whispered to me.

"You planning your escape?" I whispered back.

"Thinking how to crash it when I'm already here." She teased.

I chuckled and elbowed her. Yeira poked my side, so we began to playfully poke each other. The guests laughed at our sibling fight. Yeira suddenly stopped and told me Acacia was just outside.

The lighting dimmed, allowing the fireflies and glowing plants to illuminate the interior. The orchestra began to play as our singer sang Young and Beautiful. The doors opened to reveal Acacia in all her glory. Acacia smiled as she held onto her father's arm. They smiled and slowly walked down the aisle. When they'd pass a pew, the flowers decorating the bench would bloom, allowing the pollen to shoot up and then float high in the air.

I felt my heart stop, so Yeira told me to take a breath. I sent her a fake glare as she giggled. My eyes softened and I felt my tear wells nearly overflow. She looked so beautiful in her long, flowy dress. The singer crescendoed as Acacia and her father reached the end of the aisle. I exchanged words with Erik before he handed her over.

Acacia and I held hands as we stood along the platform. Neither of us paid attention to the officiant since we couldn't stop smiling at the other. I whispered that I loved her, making her blush.

"Sorry to ruin the moment." Everyone laughed as Yeira interrupted us. "But, here's the rings." She winked and handed them over. "Good luck with my sister." She left us.

Acacia and I exchanged vows and were beyond giddy. When we could kiss, Acacia surprised me by pulling me into her. Everyone cheered as Acacia held my face and deeply kissed me. The doves were released and more flowers bloomed. Acacia pulled back and pecked my lips a few times. We turned and raised our clasped hands.

"Mrs. Zena Ésme Sangpure Ricci- Jørgensen." Acacia kissed me.

"My beautiful wife!" I embraced her.

"LET THE PARTY BEGIN!" Yeira hollered.

Inspiration from Crazy Rich Asians bc that wedding scene was jst beautiful